Ceramic car polish

Everything you need to know about cleaning products and general car care
MEV
4th Gear

Ceramic car polish

Post by MEV » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:16 pm

I have been seeing lots of adverts on FB particularly advertising various products of ceramic car sprays that takes away the need for wax and protects the car for months. Apparently....
I like the idea of it but would appreciate some feedback or comments on anyone who has used it before and what to do prior to application etc.

Cheers in advance
B7 RS4 - 07 Phantom, Silver leather, 59k. Current
B5 RS4 - 01 Avus, B7 Brake kit, Miltek cat back, Sroof, leather, optics. 66k. Current
B8 RS4 - Sepang, BO, Roof, Sports Sold
C5 RS6 + # 296 Ebony black, full optics, titans, carbon and natural leather - sold and missed
B7 RS4 Avant Daytona Pearl, black optics, SS+, buckets, privacy. Sold
B5 RS4 - MRC 420. Gone but not forgotten.

Reflect Russ
Trader (Expired)

Re: Ceramic car polish

Post by Reflect Russ » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi Mev ceramic isn't a polish but a coating, its a better protection than wax or any sealant but there are spray ceramics that are pretty good, as the owner of Siramik Glasscoat I can provide the info you need on them, from Sc15 full ceramic 70% content to Sc Mist spray coating 10% content, the durability on these are very different, Sc15 has seen well into 3 years and Sc Mist a little over 6 months, however durability is down to preparation, if that is wrong then expect less durable coatings/Sealants.

GaryA
2nd Gear

Post by GaryA » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Hi Russ
What offers are available to this forum ? Any samples available ?
I recently tried a ceramic mist spray from a local company and was very impressed
Be very interested to see what you have to offer
Cheers
Gary

Reflect Russ
Trader (Expired)

Post by Reflect Russ » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:54 am

Hi Gary sorry for the delay, as i am not a forum Sponsor or approved seller i cant really offer anything discount wise, but as i am extremely good friends with PhilT i am sure if i put something together we can get a deal down for you guys.

Return to “Cleaning & Car Care”