London DIY car washes. Where???

Everything you need to know about cleaning products and general car care
jonytek
5th Gear

London DIY car washes. Where???

Post by jonytek » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:27 am

I don't have proper access to cleaning facilities - hose, elec etc. The access I do have is shared and guess what? This morning people are parked up so I can't get access!!! Very annoying!!

Where are people washing their cars in and around London? I don't want to take it to a hand wash place because I don't trust them... I want to be able to do all the work myself.
RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

HYFR
Cruising

Re: London DIY car washes. Where???

Post by HYFR » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:27 pm

supermarket jet wash, take a bucket and washmit

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Ok, where are they? Can't find it on google.

I made the mistake of using my local BP, F**ked the car. The hose managed to scratch up the front quarter panel and the bonnet dried before I hosed it off and then when I dried it I the dirt scratched it up....... :bash:

NOT HAPPY!!!
BUILD THREAD

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:31 pm

well, London has a few streets .... so really depends where you are !

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:04 pm

jonytek wrote:Ok, where are they? Can't find it on google.

I made the mistake of using my local BP, F**ked the car. The hose managed to scratch up the front quarter panel and the bonnet dried before I hosed it off and then when I dried it I the dirt scratched it up....... :bash:

NOT HAPPY!!!
LOL, either you are missing out some details from this story (i.e. the hose was too short to get round the car properly) or it sounds more like you need to learn how to use a jet wash! How is it the garages fault that the bonnet dried before you hosed it? And why did you rub a drying cloth over a dirty surface? That is bound to swirl your paint.

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

MikeFish wrote:
jonytek wrote:Ok, where are they? Can't find it on google.

NOT HAPPY!!!
LOL, either you are missing out some details from this story (i.e. the hose was too short to get round the car properly) or it sounds more like you need to learn how to use a jet wash! How is it the garages fault that the bonnet dried before you hosed it? And why did you rub a drying cloth over a dirty surface? That is bound to swirl your paint.
Never said I blamed the garage, was all my fault. To be honest i'm not sure how I managed to scratch the side of the car but assume it was the hose. It wasn't hung from a central point like some are. As for the bonnet I just couldn't see the dirt, I had hosed off the entire car at the so it was still wet when I dried it and of course, fine scratches. The bonnet will buff out no problem but not so sure about the quarter panel.
BUILD THREAD

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:05 pm

To be fair, that phantom black paint swirls if you look at it wrongly.

Terminator_X
3rd Gear

Post by Terminator_X » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:14 am

There is a chap called Fran on here who charges reasonable money and does a great job. @sandra knows his details.

TX.

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:33 am

MikeFish wrote:To be fair, that phantom black paint swirls if you look at it wrongly.
Oh it drives me crazy and every time I clean it I seem to find some new blemish. It keeps me up at night. :shock:
BUILD THREAD

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:58 pm

jonytek wrote:
MikeFish wrote:To be fair, that phantom black paint swirls if you look at it wrongly.
Oh it drives me crazy and every time I clean it I seem to find some new blemish. It keeps me up at night. :shock:
I know the pain!

Have you looked into Optimum No Rinse? It's a "waterless" wash that seems to get good reviews on detailing world, and supposedly doesn't leave any swirls. I wouldn't think about it on a filthy car, but if it's only a little dirty it might be an option? Obviously, just a suggestion, and do your own research! I've not tried it.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:18 pm

I use Maguires waterless wash on my car but it has gthecniq crystal serum and exo protection. I generally use it the day after it was washed to let get rid of any light dusting. Can then use it again the following day. Wouldn't use it on a an unprotected black or dirty car though. I've used in on a non black dirty car and seemed to work well as it's harder to see swirls on lighter cars.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:56 pm

OP scratched his car using a jet wash, so I don't think recommending an ONR alternative is a wise choice considering the scope for damage there. :D
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:OP scratched his car using a jet wash, so I don't think recommending an ONR alternative is a wise choice considering the scope for damage there. :D
LOL, true!

Return to “Cleaning & Car Care”