RD Detailing - my new venture

Everything you need to know about cleaning products and general car care
RossDagley
Top Gear

RD Detailing - my new venture

Post by RossDagley » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Most of you guys here know me, and those who know me well will also know I'm an OCD detailer. Well...

I've been detailing cars for almost 10 years now, and over the last two years I've been working properly part-time detailing customers cars as well as my own. I've taken more work on now over the last year, and am looking to take even more on obviously - so the first step was to start doing a little advertising rather than rely on word of mouth.

My workshop is fully equipped with everything I need to provide a complete detailing service on any make, model and size car, including a lift to allow underbody cleaning. I also have recently invested in a full IR lamp setup to allow curing of coatings such as speciality coatings from Gtechniq.

I can treat cars with a wide range of products, but generally use Meguiars products for the wash stage, Wolfgang products for the machining stages, and Swissvax/Blackfire/DodoJuice and of course Gtechniq for LSP. I exclusively use Swissvax products for final LSP of trim/wheels/tyres and interior unless otherwise requested. I can of course get any other products in as desired - soon to include Gtechniq Crystal Serum as I am shortly completing Gtechniq accreditation.

The services I offer range from a simple detail 'top up' of existing protection, through a "single stage" detail all the way to full correction. Any machine correction work includes full paint thickness readings before and after of the car for peace of mind.

Prices depend on the size of the vehicle and the level of correction work you'd like completed but as a guide, a small car (Audi A1 sized) protection top up would be in the region of £100 (approx 3 hours), an Audi A3 in for a single stage correction and LSP (approx 10 hours) would be in the region of £350 and a full correction on an Audi A6 would be in the region of £700 (approx 18 hours). Depending on the work required I will need your vehicle anywhere from half a day to 3 days.

I have full public liability, motor trade, and insurance for ‘items worked on’ – meaning all vehicles are completely insured for all risks whilst they are with me – from an accident on my premises to a mistake in paint correction – god forbid.

I've recently worked on a couple of RS246 members vehicles and hopefully they'll testify to the attention to detail that I give. I'm known to be person who put "obsessive" in OCD... ;)
I will of course post some examples in this thread shortly.

If you have any enquiries about what I can do for your car then please do get in touch via PM and I'll do my best to assist. :) It would be great to see this forum area pick up a little so if you’ve got any queries, let’s discuss them in a new tpoic!

Cheers all :)
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

marc1
Cruising

Re: RD Detailing - my new venture

Post by marc1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Wow well done mate. Best of luck with it. We all know where to come now. :thumbs:

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:31 am

Fair play Ross,

Your workmanship has always impressed so I'm sure you'll make as success of it.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:56 pm

Wishing you all the best mate!

I'm confident you'll do a great job, having seen some of your work on the forum.

Good move getting the GTechniq accreditation too!

How close are you to Bedford train station?

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Yep, Ross worked his magic on our recently acquired Mythos Black A3 a couple of weeks ago, and its now FAR better than when it rolled off Audis production line.

We bought a well specced 6 month old car from Audi - however the front end of the car was looking very sorry for itself. From 5 yards it looked fine, but close up after the first wash trying to apply a paint cleanse by hand, all was not good. To cut a long story short, before we bought it, the bonnet had been machine polished which had done far more damage than good. Ross to the rescue!

He spent probably half a day on the bonnet before machine polishing the whole car. Ross will post some pictures as he mentions above - and I'm sure he will post what products were used too. The beading was absolutely superb. The cars just gone to Scotland this Thursday (off to the Golf, and then one of the western isle) so we put a coat of Collinite over the front end for protection before departure - the beading them went through the roof!
B5 B6 B7 B9

Shinobi675
5th Gear

Post by Shinobi675 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Top work Ross :)

I can attest to Ross's detailing abilities having bought his rs4. It was immaculate when I bought it and having washed it again the other weekend it was a 30 minute job todo the whole car again and it's back to spotless! I couldn't believe how easy it was to reclean!

For me. This is perfect as I hate cleaning cars and if once a year it gets a detail and then the rest of year I can get away with a quick wash every now and then, I'm absolutely loving it!
996 C4S, B8 RS4, CBR600RR & a little ZXR400

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Where is your Shop located?)
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Good luck with the venture Ross, you planning on learning to wet sand?

Would love to get mine done but wow, the cost :shock:
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks all for the kind comments. I'm keen to make a strong go of making it work. Working from home in my "full time" job has given me the flexibility to make my passion for detailing work also. I'm very lucky.

I work from home in my workshop here - essentially a large garage setup for cleaning and detailing. It's in Wyboston, between St Neots and Bedford. I'm about 10 miles from Bedford train station and about 5 miles from St Neots. Another option is Sandy - about 5 miles south of me.

I will post photos very soon I promise! I'm just trying to find the time to organise what I have and get some semblance of order to them. That and get my website sorted which is a slow laborious task in itself!

Again - thank you all for the kind words. I'd be very pleased to work a really good deal to forum members who'd like work done for sure :)

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Good luck Ross. I was going to message you the other day as I noticed your name had turned green so suspected you were up to something.

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:52 pm

Can book in F-TYPE

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Hey Dave. I'd be delighted to detail the jaaaaag. PM me when you're available and we'll sort it out :)

Previously:

John@mk
2nd Gear

Post by John@mk » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:18 pm

Hi Ross
Just seen your post sounds very interesting mate might pop over one of these days for more info and to see the famous ramp.Going forward are you thinking of going mobile at some stage?
hopefully see you at a MK meet.
RS6 Grey and Loud. :-)

B8 RS4 Daytona gone :-(

Return to “Cleaning & Car Care”