Hotter than I’d like !

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
liffy99
2nd Gear

Hotter than I’d like !

Post by liffy99 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:22 pm

Well, three weeks and 350 miles after buying my RS5 b9 (private sale) i got stranded 120 miles from home. The car had decided to dump its coolant on the road and the AA could do little to identify the problem on a dark, Friday night. A week later I managed to get the car trailered home for an initial look.
It didn’t take long . . . 1200 miles previously Audi had installed a brand new engine for the previous owner. And given the clamp on the hose to the water pump was half way along the tubing, sliding loosely, it looked very much to me that an Audi tech had missed tightening it before letting the car, with its new engine, go ! think this wasn’t some coincidence and there had probably been a slow leak under pressure until the unsecured hose finally let go.
Luckily no other damage done, aside from a few hundred to the wallet.
I’ll have a word with Audi for sure, but as I did not buy the car from them all I can hope for is some goodwill I suppose.
Until then the car was an AUC, with full, single main dealer service history and the new engine supplied and fitted by the same dealer.
Hmmmmm

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”