B7 RS4 service cost

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
grahamc90
Neutral

B7 RS4 service cost

Post by grahamc90 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:43 am

Hi all

New to the forum and RS4 ownership! I have treated myself to a lovely mugello blue Avant, 104k miles OTC. Been great in the 2 months I've had it but checked the oil the other day before a 400mi round trip up north at the weekend and it wasn't looking too healthy so topped it up with some fresh 5W-40 as a quick fix. I have the same journey to make this weekend so been trying to get a service booked in this week.

I'm in Clapham, SW London so options are a bit limited in where I can get to fitting around work commitments. 4rings in Dartford are booked up until end of the month but I have a quote from Volks Autos in Sutton who can do the job tomorrow. BUT I am shocked by the cost! 4rings suggested it would be around 370 for an oil service, but Volks have quoted 609!! Although this does include brake fluid change which needs doing.

I've attached the quote, the products costs seem about right but 95ph labour seems very steep. Has anyone been there/anywhere else before and paid that much??

Any advice ASAP today would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Graham
Attachments
Screenshot_20220302-091322~2.jpg

daytonamart
5th Gear

Re: B7 RS4 service cost

Post by daytonamart » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:14 pm

Looks about right to me, sadly.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

grahamc90
Neutral

Re: B7 RS4 service cost

Post by grahamc90 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:52 pm

So after a bit more research and speaking to 2 other garages (4rings in Dartford and Camspec in Crawley - both lovely and very helpful!) I found out the going rate for an oil and filters service is about £370 and should take an hour or so. I called Volks back and once they amended the hours it came out to about £390 with the brake fluid too, so pretty good all things considered.

I took the car down this morning and I have to say, very pleased with their service. They gave a real good going over keeping me updated through the day, and a full walk and talk like an episode of car throttle when I picked it up.

(unfortunately!) they found quite a few little gremlins that will need sorting over time. Especially perished brake hoses and corroded front discs (no wonder the pedal felt soft!), a loose suspension bolt and various bushings that have seen better days to name but a few. Didn't have time to sort any of it but I'm taking it back next Friday so they can keep it for a week while I'm on hols and sort out all the urgent bits.

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”