B5 Rs4 suspension advice please

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
Fraserj42
Neutral

B5 Rs4 suspension advice please

Post by Fraserj42 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:20 pm

Hi my Rs4 has done 89k miles and despite having arms and bushes replaced in my ownership I think I should invest in some new shocks and springs. I would like the car to handle better but don’t want it to be rock solid and crash over bumps. No intentions to track the car and is more about finding the best all round road set up. Be interested to know what people recommend please. Bilsteins or K&w? Or just new oem? Thanks

IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Re: B5 Rs4 suspension advice please

Post by IchBautAuto » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:28 pm

You should have posted in the B5 RS4 section. Did you read it as there is some info in there? I used Bilstein B8 dampers and Eibach springs on my RS4 and Bilstein B8 dampers and OE DRC springs on my RS6 and am totally happy with both solutions for hard driving. Easily the equal of the OE suspension and installs at standard ride height. If you scoot over to SRS you'll find an absolute pile of info on upgrading RS4 suspension.

Up to you but while adjustable coil overs are big for name recognition, other than adjustability, there isn't much in it for the huge price difference. So, my comments are if you don't track the car, you'll end up leaving adjustable suspension on one setting which is the compromise that you live with. Koni is another option. People living in slightly more tropical countries don't suffer spring breakages but in the UK I'd be inclined to choose some new quality springs when you change your dampers.
C5 RS6, Milltek and Wagners: B5 RS4 450 + HP: A4 1.8 GP TQS original: 1963 UNIMOG 404:

Fraserj42
Neutral

Re: B5 Rs4 suspension advice please

Post by Fraserj42 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Thanks a lot. Sorry my mistake. I will definitely look at the threads you have suggested /appreciate it

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”