Serial numbers for gearbox on delivery

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Serial numbers for gearbox on delivery

Post by IchBautAuto » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:21 am

A bit of help required if anyone can assist. I'm trying to ascertain the serial number of the gearbox fitted to my C5 RS6 on delivery. The cars books and options Sticker only go as far as noting the gearbox model as GAG. I have approached my local dealer and both they and AUDI Australia say that they hold no records of the gearbox S/N fitted at the time of delivery. While this may be the case, it does seem lax.

I'm trying to confirm or otherwise that the fitted gearbox is either original or was changed out at some stage in the cars life. No records in the service books, a PO thought that it may have been changed but on what basis I'm unclear.

The fitted gearbox S/N is 0091611 and the spare I bought last week is 0094616. Some 3,000 different in sequence seems a bit odd.

I imagine that I could go back to AUDI Germany as a last resort and I may or may not get a response. If there is anyone here who has some insider knowledge, I'd appreciate any tips or suggestions.
C5 RS6, Milltek and Wagners: B5 RS4 450 + HP: A4 1.8 GP TQS original: 1963 UNIMOG 404:

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”