Wheel Balance

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
jsmithdmi
Neutral

Wheel Balance

Post by jsmithdmi » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:46 pm

Hey everyone, just bought a 2014 RS5 Cab a few weeks ago and have been chasing the wheel balance since I bought it. Come to learn, the driver rear was a runout tire, so worked with the dealership to get new tires I had installed back home. I got Conti extremeContact’s. Ive learned about RoadForce balancing and it’s all the Shop is doing now. Regardless, I’ve been back to the Shop 3 times, they replaced one tire because they could t get it below ~55. New tire was able to get down to ~11, but now they are telling me they couldn’t get another below ~37 so they are ordering another new one for another corner. They showed me one rim that you can visually see the “out of round” one of the front rims are on the spinner, so am going to get with a local rim repair Shop I’ve used for a car of my parents.
Is this a common problem for anyone that’s got an RS? I’ve had 2 S5 Cab’s before and never had a problem with those like I’m having now.

Help!! I’m starting to lose it and just want to enjoy my car without body shake between 55-70. Doesn’t seem unreasonable right!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Re: Wheel Balance

Post by IchBautAuto » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:30 am

Looking over your comments, I can't see that it is the car at all. You have had two tyres that apparently couldn't be balanced but you imply that the replacements were OK. That's a tyre issue and a bit of a problem if high performance tyres are faulty to that extent. I recently had a problem with the old style Pirelli P Zero in the RS4 section.

One wheel out of round could easily be some pothole or other obstruction struck at speed. I wouldn't place any credence on a visual observation with the rim being spun. You need a dial indicator to see if it is out of round and by how much and whether it is radial, lateral or both.

So, to repeat myself, I really cannot see this is a problem with your car at this point in time, faulty tyres and a bent wheel atm.
C5 RS6, Milltek and Wagners: B5 RS4 450 + HP: A4 1.8 GP TQS original: 1963 UNIMOG 404:

jsmithdmi
Neutral

Re: Wheel Balance

Post by jsmithdmi » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:58 pm

I appreciate that that feedback, the Shop has only replaced one tire and I’m still having issues, but they are ordering another and I’m also taking it to a wheel Shop to get that one rim repaired in hopes it helps.
I am hoping that it is just the faulty tires and rim, but I’ll find out this week. Thanks for your help/thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”