B8 RS4 new owner with a EPC problem

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
Jay376
Neutral

B8 RS4 new owner with a EPC problem

Post by Jay376 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi guys this is my first time owning such a vehicle and know very little about them, I've had it just over a couple of weeks now and yesterday the epc light came on as well as the engine light but the vehicle seems to drive fine but occasionally when it happens it says max 6000rpm. This is an intermittent issue which sometimes goes away if i switch the engine off and back on again. I had a read up on here and some older posts have suggested the inlet valves possibly choked up so give it a blast down the motorway at 3-4000 rpm might help clear it. I did this yesterday and took it on a 100 mile round trip with no epc fault showing, then today it came on again about 2 mins into driving from cold. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I just hope it's nothing sinister.

Jay376
Neutral

Re: B8 RS4 new owner with a EPC problem

Post by Jay376 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:32 pm

So a quick update for anyone interested ..the car was in the garage for a diagnostics check and they found the cam shaft sensor bank 1 showing the error code 9037, from what i've been told it's a pretty common fault and relatively easy repair job at around £120...is this true?

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”