I'm after a B7... - Mileage advice hugely appreciated

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
Lurker
Neutral

I'm after a B7... - Mileage advice hugely appreciated

Post by Lurker » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi all,

I'm finally going to bite the bullet and dip my toe into the RS world.

As I've always lusted after a B7 and so that's the route i'm going to take; ideally an Avant. I'm guessing you can all write the spec I'm after (buckets etc etc) but I'm after some advice on mileage.

I know it's car/owner/history specific, but are there any views on whether i should be wary on 100k plus cars?

I started off looking for a c.60-70k mile car, something i'm willing to wait and pay for and I can find a number of saloons around that mark but just not many estates, if any at all.

While I've also seen buyers guides, any other hints & tips welcome... I imagine i'll be on here a lot when i've taken the plunge.

Huge thanks in advance

T

:nogarors4:

marc1
Cruising

Re: I'm after a B7... - Mileage advice hugely appreciated

Post by marc1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:02 pm

History is key. Buy in maintenance record. Plenty of B7’s over 200k miles. You could run into problems with a 40k mile or 140k mile car. The B7 is a fairly reliable car if properly maintained.

Remember rubber components are perishable anyway, so will need changing periodically regardless of mileage. If the car has done more miles, it’s likely to have seen a number of the common issues crop up and been resolved.

Good luck though... great cars.

Lurker
Neutral

Post by Lurker » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Thanks Marc, hugely appreciated

Bristol RS
1st Gear

Post by Bristol RS » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:20 pm

Agree with Marc correct maintenance and service history is key. I was looking for a ultra low mileage example for nearly 12 months but ended up with a car that had covered over 90k but in every other aspect ticked all the boxes. All big ticket items had been recently taken care of it had a well documented maintenance history and the seller was a genuine enthusiast.

Good luck :thumbs:
55 Plate RS4 B7 in Phantom Black

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:44 pm

Mine’s coming up to 110k and in my opinion (and my mechanic’s) mechanically and cosmetically better than most cars regardless of mileage.

I’d look for a car that’s been owned by an enthusiast. Someone that’s familiar with the common issues and has addressed them. DRC, oil cooler lines, aux rad leaks etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”