RS6 not-starting

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
NickWilk96
Neutral

RS6 not-starting

Post by NickWilk96 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi all I'm new to the forum but have had my RS6 for almost 2.5 years. Car has been amazing so far with only small issues here and there until the other day.

I had fired the car up for the first time in a few days had no issues, drove and got gas, started fine again, then drove elsewhere shut it off for maybe 30 minutes, then it took a while to fire up, at this time there were no DTCs, so I let it sit a few and it fired up fine. Started driving and not even a mile down the road I lost engine power until it eventually cut out. I pulled over and checked for DTCs again. When the car died, the engine light was not flashing, no EPC light or battery light came on.

I unhooked the battery for 20 minutes and tried to start it again, and ever since then it has not started since. I've checked the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, which both seem to be OK, but I am getting codes now for all 8 cylinders "injector low circuits" as well as p0322 ignition "engine speed input circuit no signal"

I'm really lost on this and have not experienced this issue in the past. Maybe 2 months ago it did the not wanting to fire up thing one time, but since then up until now no other issues.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

don0301
4th Gear

Re: RS6 not-starting

Post by don0301 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:59 pm

Ferrari 488 Spider
C6 RS6
E46 M3 convertible
Nissan 200sx mk 2
Vauxhall Senator
Ford Sierra 1.8LX
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
Vauxhall Belmont SRi
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
1st car Datsun 120 FII Lime green....yeah :shock:

Toady1
3rd Gear

Re: RS6 not-starting

Post by Toady1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:00 pm

What model RS6 do you have? Without codes or being able to look its hard to diagnose, but it could be the cam position sensor/s.

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”