2006 b7rs4 engine management,epc & traction control light all on.

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
cov73
Neutral

Re: 2006 b7rs4 engine management,epc & traction control light all on.

Post by cov73 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Dinosroume wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:19 am
Also they ESP light might came on because your steering angle needs calibration.
Go directly to MRC you don't have to spend that 60 pounds in the dealership.

what mods does your car have?
I'm planning to get flap delete, aftermarket exhaust , and remap but i don't know if i'm gonna keep it because i spend a ton of cash in the 7 months of my rs4's ownership.

Thank god i'm a car mechanic and i do lebor myself i've done carbon clean, change front driveshafts seal , lambda sensors and the maintenance (engine oils , transmisison and diffs oil change.)

Also the audi dealerships boss here is a very good friend of mine and i have 17% discount on parts and they are still very expensive!

Like you said i love my RS4 but even though i'm a mechanic , audis parts ain't cheap and im started getting tired for the rs4's brakedowns.
I love this naturally aspirated v8 but if it keeps brakedown i'm going to put my hands on a mitsubishi evo.
Nothing major just a mrc stage 2 and deflap. I've no plans to get rid of it. Worst case it'll sit in the garage for a while.

I've had an evo 10 and it was an absolute nightmare. I got shot of it after about 6 months and bought myself a V10 powered S6. So I'd get a 9 rather than a 10😁
:nogarors4:

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Post by Dinosroume » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:30 am

cov73 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:19 pm
Dinosroume wrote:
Also they ESP light might came on because your steering angle needs calibration.

I'm planning to get flap delete, aftermarket exhaust , and remap but i don't know if i'm gonna keep it because i spend a ton of cash in the 7 months of my rs4's ownership.

Thank god i'm a car mechanic and i do lebor myself i've done carbon clean, change front driveshafts seal , lambda sensors and the maintenance (engine oils , transmisison and diffs oil change.)

Also the audi dealerships boss here is a very good friend of mine and i have 17% discount on parts and they are still very expensive!

Like you said i love my RS4 but even though i'm a mechanic , audis parts ain't cheap and im started getting tired for the rs4's brakedowns.
I love this naturally aspirated v8 but if it keeps brakedown i'm going to put my hands on a mitsubishi evo.
Nothing major just a mrc stage 2 and deflap. I've no plans to get rid of it. Worst case it'll sit in the garage for a while.

I've had an evo 10 and it was an absolute nightmare. I got shot of it after about 6 months and bought myself a V10 powered S6. So I'd get a 9 rather than a 10😁
Did you see power gain with the deflap? or the car lost the low torque?

Can't agree with you more the stock evo 10 is a nightmare. My mate took his evo 10 from brand new and he was ready to sell it the same day because we did some pulls with his old ford focus st 350bhp and the ford was pulling bus lengths lol ,now the evo is stroked up 2.2 , gt3240 turbo , Os giken triple clutch a lit more than 600whp. A stock evo is much slower than a stock rs4.

Keep me posted when you go for the diagnose check.

cov73
Neutral

Post by cov73 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Dinosroume wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:30 am
cov73 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:19 pm
Dinosroume wrote:

Did you see power gain with the deflap? or the car lost the low torque?

Can't agree with you more the stock evo 10 is a nightmare. My mate took his evo 10 from brand new and he was ready to sell it the same day because we did some pulls with his old ford focus st 350bhp and the ford was pulling bus lengths lol ,now the evo is stroked up 2.2 , gt3240 turbo , Os giken triple clutch a lit more than 600whp. A stock evo is much slower than a stock rs4.

Keep me posted when you go for the diagnose check.
Well after the stage 2 and deflap it's running at 430bhp. It pulls really well in all gears. Amazingly when I first got the car it was running around 280bhp! Someone had put a map on it and made it significantly less powerful 😱. Why would you do that?? At the end of the day it's a 13 year old car that's covered neatly 106k so I'm happy with it.

Yeah I'll keep you posted. I dropped it off earlier so I'll spend tonight at work worrying about the result.

RS4LAD
3rd Gear

Post by RS4LAD » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Dinosroume wrote:

You’d get them cheaper at TPS than Audi.

cov73
Neutral

Post by cov73 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:55 pm

The throttle body is knackered and I'm not paying £1500 Like audi have quoted me😂. I've sourced a guaranteed used one off eBay for £200. Fingers crossed that's ok.

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Post by Dinosroume » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:39 am

cov73 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:55 pm
The throttle body is knackered and I'm not paying £1500 Like audi have quoted me😂. I've sourced a guaranteed used one off eBay for £200. Fingers crossed that's ok.
Audi quotes are insane!

Get the throttle body and if you can install it yourself it's not that difficult, or take a quick trip to MRC because dealerships labor ain't cheap mate.

I'm glad that you got away with 200 pounds.

Do you have an IG account so i can see your RS4?

DINOS

cov73
Neutral

Post by cov73 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:35 am

Dinosroume wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:39 am
cov73 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:55 pm
Audi quotes are insane!

Get the throttle body and if you can install it yourself it's not that difficult, or take a quick trip to MRC because dealerships labor ain't cheap mate.

I'm glad that you got away with 200 pounds.

Do you have an IG account so i can see your RS4?

DINOS
Yes utter madness. I don't know where they get their prices from!

I don't have one of those accounts. I've tried uploading a couple of pictures but I'm hopeless at that kind of thing lol.

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Post by Dinosroume » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:23 am

You need to install the new throttle body and go to erase the DTC's.

Not even Facebook or whatsapp mate?

I can give you some instructions how to install it and send you some photos from the workshop manual if it helps.

cov73
Neutral

Post by cov73 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Dinosroume wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:23 am
You need to install the new throttle body and go to erase the DTC's.

Not even Facebook or whatsapp mate?

I can give you some instructions how to install it and send you some photos from the workshop manual if it helps.
Mrc are fitting it plus they'll give it a service as well. Yeah I'm on Facebook. Steve cutts. There's some pics of my car on there as well somewhere.

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”