Intake Manifold Flap Problem (RS4 B7)

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
Evopilot
Neutral

Intake Manifold Flap Problem (RS4 B7)

Post by Evopilot » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:58 pm

My car was throwing a P2020 fault for an intake sensor bank 2. This resulted in a EPC light, engine light and a 6500rpm rev limiter. Having read about this on multiple forums i decided if the flaps were sticky i could remove them as others have done.

The manifold was taken off only to find the flaps were already gone but the rail and sensors etc remained. Whilst i had the chance i also cleared the codes and swapped the sensors from bank 2 to bank 1 etc however the fault stayed in bank2 so it was not a sensor problem. If i cleared the ecu fault codes the car would run to 8000rpm without problem for a minute or so until it learned there was a fault :/

I then brought my car to a professional to have the code mapped out which is now done but the rev-limiter persists. My belief is that the illumination has been mapped out but the car still see's ecu data resulting in a rev limiter like before.

Using the below images of what the ECU is seeing would anybody have advice? Is it a faulty/seized rail?

Bank2 (Faulty)
I notice the runner flap (ACT) is at 20% at idle
I notice the runner flap (SPEC) is at 0% at idle but when the throttle is pressed it goes to 99% immediately

Bank1 (Good)

alex760
1st Gear

Re: Intake Manifold Flap Problem (RS4 B7)

Post by alex760 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:43 pm

IIRC the inlet flap position is either set to 0% (close) or 99%(open) if there is any more than a 10% deviation between the requested and actual position it doesn't like it.
It appears from your screenshots this is the case on bank 2 and its as if your flaps are stuck at 20%. I'm not sure however how it works once the sensors have been mapped out.

Did you check for shaft movement when it was all apart? if the shaft is genuinely stuck even though there are no flaps then you would see this fault no matter which sensor you fitted to bank 2.

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”