MIlltek Chirping sound C7 RS7

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
Ashventini
Neutral

MIlltek Chirping sound C7 RS7

Post by Ashventini » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:42 pm

After only 2 weeks of having my RS7 I fitted a MIlltek non resonated cat Back (with standard downpipes kept) as it was too tame as standard set up. Really loved the change in sound and the popping and banging. However I have since noticed over the last few week this strange "chirping" "tweeting" type of sound when its running around at lower revs when the engine is not under much load. Basically when you are just pottering around the car park or something. it doesn't sound seriously or anything ( I think), but it does sound odd - like its a squeaking chirpy noise. So its defo related to the Milltek ( as it didn't do this a few weeks back when the car was new to me with the standard Exhaust). I have found a few other people ask a similar question, but I cant find a definitive answer as to whether to accept it and don't worry, take it to Milltek, do something with the valves in the exhaust... I don't really want to block valves open and that stuff.

Its hard to find a few people that are saying the same answer.

One other question. Door light projectors.... Puddle lights. The driver side "RS" Logo on the floor seems dimmer than the passenger side. Given the driver dorr will have much more use and the projector used more - Do they fade over time? Would have thought so but thought I'd ask a silly question.

THanks

Ash

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: MIlltek Chirping sound C7 RS7

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:09 am

Projector puddle lights are aftermarket so can be of various quality and brightness.

B-ill
1st Gear

Post by B-ill » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:48 am

I have the exact same noise.

2015 RS6. Cat back milltek non res fitted around 3 weeks ago. The 'Chirpy' noise is much more noticeable at idle with the car switched into dynamic as the valves open.

I'm not that concerned as its only really present with the valves open

gary.gary.gary
Neutral

Post by gary.gary.gary » Sat May 08, 2021 2:37 pm

@Ashventini

Did you ever find the source of the noise? I have the same.

gary.gary.gary
Neutral

Post by gary.gary.gary » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:09 pm

Bumping back to top of the forum....
I still have a chirping Milltek - sounds bloody awful...
Does anyone have any experience? Is it a Milltek issue? Or Milltek on RS6 C7 issue?

Any information would be really useful please? :|

rs user
4th Gear

Post by rs user » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:04 pm

its probably the valves if fitted
my golf r mk7 makes some serious clangs etc from the exhaust valves etc when opening car[valved milltek]

my previous rs4 both saloon and avant did not,but these were non valved versions

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”