I feel R-Sick :(

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
Tomxxy2000
Neutral

I feel R-Sick :(

Post by Tomxxy2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:38 am

Okay, so here I go.. RS6 owner panics and joins forum...
apologies it’s taken me all this time...

So I dreamt about having an RS6 for so long and bit the bullet by purchasing a 54 plate RS6 Avant.. I thought I had a stunner.. a service history as long as your arm and an 80k something mileage - ever since I’ve had it it’s been a bone of contention- now I’m under no illusion it’s not a cheap car to run or maintain but all of it’s problems seem to stem from the front wheels- Bush joints, track rod ends, wheel bearings, gaiters and on and on... Ive just had it serviced by a very reputable Audi workshop in Gloucestershire (including the secondary air pump) but ever since I’ve got it back it seems to be revving - even when it’s in “park” - I’ve slowed down at junctions and put my foot on the gas and there’s been a worrying 2-3 second delay- I’ve already forked out thousands on this car and quite frankly it’s becoming a case of “don’t meet your hero’s... HELP!

:-(

Tom

bam_bam
Cruising

Re: I feel R-Sick :(

Post by bam_bam » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:42 am

FON.

Rule 1.

You've done it the wrong way around. Man should've joined the forum, then panicked, then probably not bought one.

Your problem was, you didn't take it to MRC, unless you're trying us MRC is in Gloucestershire. I've got a feeling MRC are in Oxfordshire but I'm an Aussie so everything outside of the M25 is a theory to me.
Anyways, there's no need to service the secondary air pump, just delete it. Anyone who tells you different is wasting your money fixing it.
You could probably replace a lot of the front-end suspension bits for about £1200 - £1500. CV boot should only be a couple hundred quid. Never done a bearing but probably about 500notes.
You should probably check all of your vac lines and ensure the MAF is seated correctly.
When was the thermostat last done?
No matter where you go, there you are.

JCviggen
5th Gear

Post by JCviggen » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:40 am

Tomxxy2000 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:38 am
it seems to be revving - even when it’s in “park”
Sounds like a vacuum leak either related to the work they did on the air pump or (more likely as it's a classic mistake) they didn't put the airbox back on properly.
B7 RS4 saloon Misano red, comfy seats, JHM tune & JHM full exhaust with cats and resonators - gone.
C5 RS6 Avant Daytona/Cognac - gone.
981 Cayman GTS Gray/Orange.
My youtube

Tomxxy2000
Neutral

Post by Tomxxy2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:50 am

:audibash: thanks.... it’s going back in this morning so I’ll keep you posted... I appreciate your response

Tomxxy2000
Neutral

Post by Tomxxy2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:56 am

@bam_bam I know I know... heart/head mix up situation - I’ve taken it to Audi Teknic but I’ll be looking at MRC in the future... I’ll check the thermostat situation in the daylight hours - Thanks guys :)

Nige_RS4
Cruising

Post by Nige_RS4 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:04 pm

If you are local to Gloucester, you may want to use TRD who have just moved to new premises in Moreton Valance.

Used them for all my S and RS cars.

Speak to Dan.

www.turner-race-developments.co.uk
www.speedcams.co.uk

B5 2.7t S4 - gone
B5 2.7t RS4 - gone
Ed 30 Golf DSG - gone
A5 3.0tdi - gone within 12 months!
S3 2.0 tfsi - 6+ years, but now sold
2018 Golf R 7.5

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”