B7 or B8 RS4?

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: B7 or B8 RS4?

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Thing is both of you do very little mileage in your B7's with buckets. The standard Super Sport seat option in the B8 has moved on from the B7 comforts and I'd even say a tad more comfortable than the latest B9 RS4 offering.

Sure...the buckets offer a degree of specialness and sense of occasion, if the vehicle is used infrequently. Which to me goes against the RS4's grain, as it's a special everyday car. Look at the C7 RS6, no-one moans about the lack of buckets being offered in it, like they had available in the C6 RS6. Times change.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: B7 or B8 RS4?

Post by MikeFish » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:08 am

I moan about the lack of buckets in the C7. They just don't hold you like the B7 seats did and I find myself clenching on it the seat with my body and having to shift my weight around like a motorbike rider when pressing on in the C7. I think they are even more useful given how much more body roll the C7 has over the B7 or B8. I really miss them and have looked at swapping them out for buckets but I would really miss the memory seat function. Tried looking for other buckets with electric memory function but couldn't find any nice ones. Luke (Plush) has buckets in his C7 and I think the alcantara with blue stitching would look great in mine.
I regularly did 2 to 4 hour drives in the B7 visiting the in laws and looking for areas and houses and schools when I moved out of London.
However, my god I must have been drunk on Friday as I have no recollection of writing that.

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”