Insurance - where is best to try

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
jimi

Re: Insurance - where is best to try

Post by jimi » Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 pm

NFU that are based in Scotland done me a amazing deal on my insurance I have used them before on my van and I can not recommend them enough.
jim

DuncRS6
3rd Gear

Post by DuncRS6 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:09 am

I know this may be a bit late but I have just renewed my insurance with LV.

31 with 10 years NCB (protected) & 1 claim in the last 5 years comes in at £540. Thats includes all modifications as well.

Just in case anyone else may be renewing anytime soon.
If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, when doctors eat apples do they disappear?

rs user
4th Gear

Post by rs user » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:45 pm

when you are on forums you read nothing but poor reviews about flux,that said they are all robbing xxxxs and the whole system is geared up to fleece the unsuspecting

PipRS6
2nd Gear

Post by PipRS6 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Adam L wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 3:57 pm
I would urge anyone not to use Adrian Flux, if the car is modified they will stick you with ERS (Equity Red Star), who are quite frankly the worst insurance company I have ever had dealings with!! I had a moped delivery driver overtake vehicles on a bend behind me while I was attempting to turn into a side road, as a result the moped rider could not see me indicating and went straight into the side of my car. This happened back on January 2016 and only had the case closed 3 weeks ago. It took 2 1/2 years to get the claim resolved, where I was found not at fault (it went to court and caused me and my pregnant partner no end of stress). Adrian Flux in the meantime have charged me additional premiums because of an ''open claim'' for the last two years. My insurance prior to the incident was in the region of £550. This year cost me £1000 at 32 years old with 10 years no claims bonus, which is an insult if you ask me. I have phoned AF so many times to complain, but they are not interested. I attempted to cancel my policy with them after 19 days of taking it out this year as I was so appauled by their service but they refused to refund me what I was owed (I pay my insurance annually, so I had paid £1000 upfront) So for 19 days insurance they would only refund me £260 and wanted to keep the £740 for fees and charges. I had no choice but to keep the policy in the end.

Now the case is closed I thought great, I'll be owed a substantial amount. They offered me £205 back for both years increased premiums, which resulted in me getting rather annoyed on the phone. They have only refunded me £111 and the remainder is for ERS admin charges.

Do not be fooled into buying insurance with these absolute con artists just because the price seems cheap to start with, you will pay for it in far more ways if anything happens in the term you're with them. Their customer service is truly shocking and they are only interested in robbing their clients with made up admin charges.
I had a very similar experience with Tesco Insurance when I was much younger. They blamed the fact that my insurance had moved to a different underwriter between the accident and the work being done on the car (it was right at the end of the policy before I renewed) but when I checked back at the paperwork it was the same underwriter both years. Took me hours of phone calls and being bounced around different departments before they finally gave me a free year of insurance (no small amount when you are 19/20). But I'm sure I had been paying double the previous year anyway so probably worked out in the end. Kids these days are paying far more than I did at that age though so I can't complain too much I guess!

slidingaround
Neutral

Post by slidingaround » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm

vagmachine wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:09 am
I know this may be a bit late but I have just renewed my insurance with LV.

31 with 10 years NCB (protected) & 1 claim in the last 5 years comes in at £540. Thats includes all modifications as well.

Just in case anyone else may be renewing anytime soon.
Thats good, i just took mine out with Admiral and it cost £502 and I'm 38 with 15 years NCB protected, no claims or points and no mods.
(RS4 B8 64 plate)

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”