In need of some RS4/S4 parts and advice for K04 build.

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
AP83
Neutral

In need of some RS4/S4 parts and advice for K04 build.

Post by AP83 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi, I'm currently building my s4 into rs4 spec and have k04 turbos, FMIC, RS4 injectors, rs4 Maf. I am looking for advice and for parts to cover the rest of the build, so RS4 lower inlet pipes (anyone have any?? or can you buy conversion kits that cover everything?, gaskets, seals etc?) and was also wondering if I can use my stock Maf housing with the new RS4 Maf? I'm also looking at a stage 3 clutch, or is this not the right thing to do, would rs4 or stage 2 S4 clutch be ok?

Also, as I've just crowned 200k miles should I bang out an engine rebuild as well? If so what parts other than gaskets and seals should I replace?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
AP

Beckyl33
Neutral

Re: In need of some RS4/S4 parts and advice for K04 build.

Post by Beckyl33 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi AP

I believe I have everything you need

Both turbos still in their bags from AET Engineering/ AET Motorsport

Plus all the other tubes,hoses and Y piece

I’m in Huddersfield

Give me a call if you are interested

07712 871586

Going out for the evening shortly

Text me if you get the message

Regards
Jason

Banana man
1st Gear

Post by Banana man » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:21 pm

MRC do a drive in and out service iirc.

200k is quite a few miles, if it’s a keeper then a rebuild wouldn’t be a bad idea, but it’ll get costly, how far do you want to go with it? As an engine with 200k is probably due a good overhaul, £1200 iirc just for chain tensioner now, and they are usually a good place to start along with new chains, a gasket set would be a good idea too considering the engine will be out, maybe even a measure up of the bores see if they have gone oval, and check for piston wear.

lower inlet pipes are either second hand genuine inlets or Xs power ones as iirc oem ones are now NLA.

You need to use the complete maf if you want to utilise the k04’s as the s4 maf tops out at about 400bhp, people can map on s4 maf’s but once the maf tops out the engine runs blind, the RS4 maf is larger diameter hence the capability to measure more air.

I’m not so clued up on clutches, depends also if you want oem feel or could live with a paddle clutch, also SMF and deal with the chatter or keep DMF.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:17 am

Good advice about the engine above. I would get it professionally checked, bores, compression, tensioners, chains, oil leaks, all the usual stuff.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Banana man
1st Gear

Post by Banana man » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:00 am

I’ve just seen the OP’s posting date, he probably doesn’t even own the car anymore.

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”