ULEZ

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
rs4wagon
3rd Gear

ULEZ

Post by rs4wagon » Sun May 14, 2023 1:33 am

Hi,any one of you will be affected with ulez euro4 emission?Im 4miles from it atm but august coming soon and thanks to mrWa&nker my lovely rs6 will cost me more to drive around at shes not complaint.If i drive ones i month i wont bother as its 12.50 a day,but i use this car quite often and cameras are on every corner where i live so not really happy to pay each time i move.Anyway atm i have 3" catless miltek incl DPs,had chat with some exhaust guys and all says its just matter of good cats to fit in and car should pass euro4.its really not much to meet the emissions so not sure,shall i give it a go and see?Cats itself are 1K plus labour to fir it.At the same time im thinking to do valved back boxes too.I spend far too much to part with her and i really enjoy driving it every minute,did 3k miles since sept so she get used.Ta
Attachments
340685374_1334604210745329_1260289570140322652_n.jpg

srichards
4th Gear

Re: ULEZ

Post by srichards » Sun May 14, 2023 8:13 am

For others this is how you get the exemption for particular cars. You just prove they are clean enough anyway.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/compli ... -you-start

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sun May 14, 2023 8:42 am

I don't think it's possible. Sorry.
TFL wrote:Retrofit your vehicle

Check your vehicle to see if it meets the LEZ emissions standards. If it doesn't, you may be able to retrofit your vehicle with emissions reduction technology.
Emissions reduction technology

Emissions reduction technologies include:

Selective catalytic reduction, which reduces NOx emissions
Replacement Euro VI engines
Converting a vehicle to electric power

Retrofit technologies need to be approved by the Clean Vehicle Retrofit Accreditation Scheme (CVRAS). This government scheme, funded by Defra, establishes common standards for all Clean Air Zone cities.

CVRAS has certified emissions reduction technologies for certain buses, coaches, HGVs, and refuse vehicles.

As retrofits need to be calibrated to specific vehicle models, and not all vehicles can be covered. We expect more conversions to be available in the future.

Information about the retrofit process and a list of suppliers is on the CVRAS website.
Link.

CVRAS wrote:There are currently no CVRAS approved retrofit emission control systems for pre-Euro 4 petrol cars and we do not expect any to come to market in the foreseeable future. The Euro 4 standards for petrol cars came into effect between 2004-2006 and generally cars first registered with the DVLA after 2005 meet the Euro 4 standard. This means cars that are up to 18 years old are generally compliant for a CAZ, LEZ or ULEZ.
Link.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

rs4wagon
3rd Gear

Post by rs4wagon » Sun May 14, 2023 10:10 pm

so let say fo eg i go for mot and my test meet euro 4 some how they'll still not accept it coz its euro 3 form factory?

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Mon May 15, 2023 7:47 am

Yes. It seems unambiguous to me.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Capt Ric
3rd Gear

Post by Capt Ric » Mon May 15, 2023 2:39 pm

Don't worry.
It's all a big con. Little to do with air quality, as only about 15% (and reducing all the time ) of vehicles are not complient.
Once it's established they will just keep moving the target, probably until everyone has to pay to drive, regardless of vehicle emmissions!

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”