Steve Green spare parts

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Re: Steve Green spare parts

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:56 am

This isn't the first time any of us have been round the block, is it. All we as buyers ask for is for people to be straight up. If it's gonna take a few days to ship - no problem - just let us know.
It's how the ebay & paypal world has transformed everything so you are protected both as a buyer and a seller for these types of purchases.

The powerboat scene is full of all sorts. One boat I bought - the seller clearly knew about the damaged big end on one of the motors when I bought it.
Another chap - well known when he does work on a motor for switching out your good bits (wiring looms, alternators etc) with knackered bits. But if you call him out on it, he'll want a fight accusing you of calling him a liar. Little does he know people have UV marked their stuff before putting it in to him. But he doesn't care.
steve2003rs6 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:23 pm
He says I am out to ruin him on PayPal and groups.
"not a professional engineer, mechanic and mechanist"

steve2003rs6
Top Gear

Post by steve2003rs6 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:15 am

I hate conflict especially when it is totally avoidable.
A amicable conclusion eventually.
I get it when people are selling stuff part time. I am also aware that things can go wrong. Just keep us informed and be honest. Poor communication leads to all sorts of problems.
This guy seems like a decent bloke when you talk to him.
Really glad this is nearly all sorted. That is if the parts arrive today.

steve2003rs6
Top Gear

Post by steve2003rs6 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:55 pm

Update. The parts have just arrived.
Now to get them checked and installed.

Foxmeister
4th Gear

Post by Foxmeister » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:06 pm

I was given this guys details when looking for a headlight washer part, he responded and said he was sure he had them. Later they were coming in. Then i had to chase him in the end, but he then admitted he didnt have any in the end, he never asked for any money though which im glad about, sorry its went that way Steve

He comes across as a guy that's too busy for his own good

steve2003rs6
Top Gear

Post by steve2003rs6 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:44 pm

Foxmeister. Yes mate I have the same impression with him being too busy for his own good. Decent enough guy to talk to.
But his actions and promises need to be significantly improved.
We got there in the end.
And I accepted his apologies.

Gav66
3rd Gear

Post by Gav66 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:55 pm

Ive used him a few times and can honestly say he was very professional and done exactly as he said.
Not that it helps you out Steve but i hope you get it sorted.

ChrisA
4th Gear

Post by ChrisA » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:46 pm

Oh Steve, I’m so sorry this went down badly as I recommend Steve Green to you.

As I’ve said before I’ve used Steve a few times. Yes I’ve had a few issues but they’ve always been resolved quickly and without stress. I do wish Steve G used recorded delivery with tracking, yes things might cost a little more but at least everyone would know what’s going on.

steve2003rs6
Top Gear

Post by steve2003rs6 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:37 pm

Yes guys I totally get it. As I have said on here he seems like a really good guy and great to talk to.

When I made the initial enquiry. If he had said it will take a month to sort it out. I would of said no problem

But when told they have been sent and nothing arrives. Then naturally I chased it up. Apparently he had problems with the post.
Then told me he would send again by guaranteed next day delivery and nothing turned up so back to phoning him and messaging.
Got some really awkward messages back which didn’t help the situation.
I am not renowned for being blessed with a lot of patience. And I definitely won’t accept being taken for a fool and lied to.
Then got a message with a thumbs up emoji and SENT IT and good luck getting your parts elsewhere WE ARE DONE that message really wound me up.
So the gloves came off.
I won’t go into the demands I made in response to some crap messages but
Logged the dispute with PayPal.
Contacted solicitors
Was about to contact police (fraudulent activity) I have a relative who is a retired chief superintendent.
Next step would have been trading standards

Thankfully this has now been resolved and I accepted his apologies. Onward and upward and life’s too short.

Yes ChrisA. I went to him based on your recommendations but not holding that against you mate. As they say <beep> happens. And I have had my fair share of it this year.

It’s up to individuals on here if they want to use him.
All I can say is my experience on this occasion was absolutely dreadful.
Personally I won’t be using him again.
Last edited by steve2003rs6 on Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:47 pm

Seems to me like he's got a problem with honesty. Whatever the reason, if he says he's sent the parts but then they don't turn up but then when you threaten action they suddenly turn up... Well, if it walks like a duck...

If he's got a "logistics" problem, or whatever excuses I'm hearing for his failings, then why not say so? That the go-to response is to bullshit raises a big red flag with me.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

steve2003rs6
Top Gear

Post by steve2003rs6 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:51 pm

Yes shopp. Matt hit on it earlier. All we ask is for sellers to be upfront and honest.
When the parts were ordered it was on the basis that they were tested and fully functional with all working micro switches.
Having unpacked them and inspected them it looks like they have just been removed and boxed up and sent.
To be fair he did say if any problems let him know.
That sort of response doesn’t exactly fill you with confidence.
Time will tell.

Ps. This bottle of Shiraz is going down rather nicely.
Or if bam bam and chunky79 is reading this
This bottle of rose is going down rather nicely.

Astrosquirrel
3rd Gear

Post by Astrosquirrel » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:47 pm

Just chiming in to say I'm happy to hear things are resolved. What an awful feeling it is to pay for something and have issues getting it. Communication is key imo and agree with pretty much most of what's been said in this thread.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

steve2003rs6
Top Gear

Post by steve2003rs6 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:57 pm

Astrosquirrel. Yes mate I agree. Good communication is key. Especially if there is a problem fulfilling a order and meeting a clients expectations.
I honestly believe that he is a ok guy.
But availability and communication is the source of the problem. Hope he sorts this out for future orders.
Or he will be inundated with dissatisfied customers.

I suppose previously being a customer service manager for a world wide service company, Means I am aware how a poor quality of service attitude can escalate to a serious grievance very quickly.

V!per
3rd Gear

Post by V!per » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:43 pm

Used him as well - not had the issue personally.
I guess he's taken too many cars in and has no time to dig the stuff out for people.

steve2003rs6
Top Gear

Post by steve2003rs6 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:09 pm

I guess I was just unlucky.
Doesn’t surprise me, as I have had a run of bad luck this year. Almost 2022.

AshD2S8
Neutral

Post by AshD2S8 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:18 am

Dealt with Steve a while back, bought a running donor shell for my engine transplant into my s8, engine was supposed to be sound and wasn’t, paid 3.5k for it… wasn’t awful don’t get me wrong but I still spent 1500 rebuilding it…

He did however provide me with a second engine for free complete without turbos, spare side skirts and some other spares

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”