Cruising

Re: Cabling to armrest

Post by Shoppinit » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:30 am

Lander91 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:20 am
Shoppinit wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:35 pm
Do you have the stock exhaust?
Yep, bone stock. It's not far off being where I want, Ive been there done that with previous V8s and near wide open exhausts. These cars deserve a bit more of a burble, at least to get it louder than my father's stock Cupra Ateca.
Friend of mine deleted the center silencer on the stock exhaust. It made for a more prominent sound without altering the nature of it.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Lander91
3rd Gear

Post by Lander91 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:57 am

Sounds like it's the next step then. Time to go get some quotes.

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:52 pm

Wireless charger, or wireless carplay/android auto?

I thought there are both already available? 100% sure I nearly bought a wireless retrofit bluetooth carplay to USB adaptor the other day, but decided to wait and see if it got decent enough reviews. Apparently supports multiple phones too.
Lander91 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:35 am

I did want to take it further when (hopefully) someone develops a retrofit wireless thngamabob that I could stick under the armrest liner, but I couldn't for the life of me figure how to seperate the liner from the body. Also it had phone prep with the pop up cradle still there. I had to use an oscillating tool to get it out, screw threads adhesive had failed so the screws just spun. There's probably a bunch of mess in that area where the cradle was.
If something does get developed for wireless android auto retrofit I'll go source another armrest.
"not a professional engineer, mechanic and mechanist"

Lander91
3rd Gear

Post by Lander91 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:04 pm

Mɐʇʇ wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:52 pm
Wireless charger, or wireless carplay/android auto?

I thought there are both already available? 100% sure I nearly bought a wireless retrofit bluetooth carplay to USB adaptor the other day, but decided to wait and see if it got decent enough reviews. Apparently supports multiple phones too.
Lander91 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:35 am

I did want to take it further when (hopefully) someone develops a retrofit wireless thngamabob that I could stick under the armrest liner, but I couldn't for the life of me figure how to seperate the liner from the body. Also it had phone prep with the pop up cradle still there. I had to use an oscillating tool to get it out, screw threads adhesive had failed so the screws just spun. There's probably a bunch of mess in that area where the cradle was.
If something does get developed for wireless android auto retrofit I'll go source another armrest.
Both, though I could only find one for carplay, there was/is a Kickstarter type campaign for an android one. But yeah quick search and nothin for Android wireless connection with charging. Not a hugely important feature to have so I'm leaving it for now.

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:10 pm

Ah ha. I was looking a separate devices, one for charge and then a BT jobbie for CarPlay
"not a professional engineer, mechanic and mechanist"

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”