Electrical conduit

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Electrical conduit

Post by IchBautAuto » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:45 am

This may and may not be of any interest but I'll put in on the table just in case.

Like some here I'm not keen on any permanent changes to the car that can't be reversed and the most common problem for me is additional wiring. I've added F & R dash cam and recently a reversing cam which all live up around the rear view mirror. These aren't the issue by the way, just to illustrate.
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
My trim is exceedingly tight compared with the old allroad which should have been identical, so tucking spare wires behind the trim just isn't on without some major removal and the usual potential for breakage. I have come across some EPDM door seal with an adhesive backing and it has been a great saviour. It comes paired but can be split into single conduits. I can run one, maybe two cables through one channel of the seal and stick it to the windscreen / trim junction and it is to all intents invisible from inside or out. I did try those very small stick on cable clips a year ago but the adhesive showed up as a silver dot on the screen from outside and looked tacky. So, if anyone is looking for an additional cable solution for their armoury, try these, available locally to me in mat black and cream.
conduit1.jpg
conduit2.jpg
C5 RS6, Milltek and Wagners: B5 RS4 450 + HP: A4 1.8 GP TQS original: 1963 UNIMOG 404:

Shoppinit
Cruising

Re: Electrical conduit

Post by Shoppinit » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:49 am

Nice tip. They also look they could replace a bit of rotton trim in my M3. Is there a brand / model?
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Re: Electrical conduit

Post by IchBautAuto » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:10 am

Locally sold as Moroday special seal part No 1-18113 Black and 1-11112 Cream. Made in China so should be available world wide under some brand.
C5 RS6, Milltek and Wagners: B5 RS4 450 + HP: A4 1.8 GP TQS original: 1963 UNIMOG 404:

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”