I feel fine, honest..

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Lander91
3rd Gear

I feel fine, honest..

Post by Lander91 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:07 am

I have a disease and if you're reading this it's highly likely you have the same variant. It's very resistant to things like common sense, rational thought and even judgemental spouses.

It has no cure.

Here's an example of the damage it inflicted recently.

When I bought my RS6 last year, it only came with the last 2 years worth of service and repair documents in the form of invoices and receipts, and no owners manual or service booklet. Not an uncommon issue.

Documentation is part of my mission to refurbish this car as it's a long term investment for me (only 32 C5 RS6 Avants were sold new in the country). So I've bought all the missing manuals & wallet etc, but instead of living with a service booklet with the warranty info missing I did some digging and asking/begging for favours.

I managed to get the selling dealers stamp from the same period, the bloke who sold it was still around to do some scribbling, and the cherry on top is the VIN data Sticker, direct from Audi Sport GmbH. Safe to say I'm feeling quite pleased with myself.

On to the next itch..
Attachments
20210617_144732.jpg

Shoppinit
Cruising

Re: I feel fine, honest..

Post by Shoppinit » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:05 am

Careful, you’re inching towards that padded room…

Impressed you managed to get that stamp.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Lander91
3rd Gear

Re: I feel fine, honest..

Post by Lander91 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:27 am

Shoppinit wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:05 am
Careful, you’re inching towards that padded room…

Impressed you managed to get that stamp.
I figure the rs6 would be able to outrun the white coat van for at least a few hours.

Got to get it going first...

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”