Wiper sweep

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Foxmeister
4th Gear

Wiper sweep

Post by Foxmeister » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Since fitting my aero wipers a while back, ive noticed there isnt a great amount of clearance at the top of the drivers side wiper arm, it really could do with a bit more, but the only way to achieve this would be to have it sitting up higher in the park position and would annoy the bejesus out of me

So, is this normal for others, or is my linkage somehow <beep>???

Also, is the wiper mech specific to the V8 C5 or will any one do if i need to look at replacing it?

Shoppinit
Cruising

Re: Wiper sweep

Post by Shoppinit » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:56 pm

Have you got the allroad wiper arms or the fugly retrofit aero blades?
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Foxmeister
4th Gear

Post by Foxmeister » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:11 am

I have the genuine Allroad wipers Shop, I have fitted Bosch aero twins to them

The wipers are also pretty slow so I imagine the linkage is pretty tired and could do with greasing up maybe, but it’s still the drivers side sweep that’s the issue, it’s about an inch or so it stops at the top of the sweep, so the wiper blade doesn’t end the upward sweep parallel with the windscreen

I’ll try get some pics today as it’s a dirty lil bitch already from 2 days of driving our beautiful Scottish scenic, potholed to <beep> and manky roads :roll:

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:16 am

Yeah. Pics would help.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Foxmeister
4th Gear

Post by Foxmeister » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:19 am

Unusual phenomenon, RS6 fixes itself...

Apparently lying in the snow and rain on a drive for a week seems to lubricate the mechanism, used it yesterday and the wipers were more like normal speed, and the sweep is almost back to where it should be. Car has been stored in my work unit since Sept where it was mostly cold with heating at times, must just have been lack of use, but i'll need to strip it out in summer and grease it up if i remember

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”