Looking like I am selling what is left of my old girl....

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
steve2003rs6
Top Gear

Re: Looking like I am selling what is left of my old girl....

Post by steve2003rs6 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:16 pm

So sorry with your Porsche getting crashed.
Even worse. It wasn’t your fault
That’s how I would feel if the RS6 got trashed.
Thankfully my wife doesn’t drive.
So any scratches or dents etc are all down to me.
Except for the trolly lunatics at supermarket car parks

ChrisA
4th Gear

Post by ChrisA » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:47 am

Speaking of such horrid things, do you guys have guaranteed insurance values? I do @ £14k and am wondering what you have. I can just see an insurance company trying to give £5k should the worst happen.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:55 am

Did you have to get an inspection?
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

steve2003rs6
Top Gear

Post by steve2003rs6 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:09 pm

Good information Chris. Will look into that. Hate to think I would get 5K ish after all the time effort and money invested in her.

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:51 pm

So, dealing with Sportmile is like pulling fcuking teeth. I was told to contact them so did. I have been nice and polite and asked them what they can do to bombproof that box. They said talk to Doug at MRC. Ok, so talked to Doug and he is going to look in to things with them, but why the hell as the paying customer can't you tell me what you can do to improve the box? Repeated one line answers back from them along the lines of talk to Dough, talk to Doug.

Just tell me what you can do, I don't even care what the bloody price is or who is lining who's pockets or circle-jerking potentially. Three days later and still FA information, not helping my trigger finger on this car.
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

steve2003rs6
Top Gear

Post by steve2003rs6 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:24 pm

Yes footlong. I know exactly what you are going through. It is soooooooo annoying and totally unprofessional.
I like you find it very hard to remain calm when you feel like you just want to explode.
Whatever happened to old fashioned customer service.
Last edited by steve2003rs6 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

srichards
4th Gear

Post by srichards » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:40 pm

Has anyone switched to the 6 speed ZF from the C6 RS6? Or another ZF that's used in something ridiculous so wouldn't be in the slightest bit stretched?

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:45 pm

Size may be an issue. The 5hp24a only just fits. I think it’s the 6hp26a which would be the next one up, but I imagine it might be physically a bit big.
"not a professional engineer, mechanic and mechanist"

V!per
3rd Gear

Post by V!per » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:11 pm

Mr Footlong wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:51 pm
So, dealing with Sportmile is like pulling fcuking teeth. I was told to contact them so did. I have been nice and polite and asked them what they can do to bombproof that box. They said talk to Doug at MRC. Ok, so talked to Doug and he is going to look in to things with them, but why the hell as the paying customer can't you tell me what you can do to improve the box? Repeated one line answers back from them along the lines of talk to Dough, talk to Doug.

Just tell me what you can do, I don't even care what the bloody price is or who is lining who's pockets or circle-jerking potentially. Three days later and still FA information, not helping my trigger finger on this car.

Call Radek from the AutoTrans UK in Wembley. He really knows his job and I'm sure he can give you the details in getting the gb a bit more life and getting it a bit more bulletproof. He had RS6 C5 himself his own gb was some crazy build.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:28 pm

I already suggested that, but they’re not expensive enough for footers. :)
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

V!per
3rd Gear

Post by V!per » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Shoppinit wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:28 pm
I already suggested that, but they’re not expensive enough for footers. :)
:biggrin3: :biggrin3: :biggrin3: :biggrin3:

Jayjay101
4th Gear

Post by Jayjay101 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:04 pm

Mr Footlong wrote:So, dealing with Sportmile is like pulling fcuking teeth. I was told to contact them so did. I have been nice and polite and asked them what they can do to bombproof that box. They said talk to Doug at MRC. Ok, so talked to Doug and he is going to look in to things with them, but why the hell as the paying customer can't you tell me what you can do to improve the box? Repeated one line answers back from them along the lines of talk to Dough, talk to Doug.

Mate drop Getriebeklinik a email see what they can do they did my TC and where working on uprated parts for the gearbox when I spoke to them and that was over a year ago-from sending my TC and them uprating it and getting back to me was less than 10 days.they know there stuff as they build box’s for big power c6’s a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c5 rs6 owner thats been known to cut the wrong wire.............

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:03 pm

Cheers guys. Ok, knowing now that Radec had a modded C5 himself obviously sways things somewhat. I can get my local guys http://rdgarageservices.co.uk/to yank the box and they are only in Shepperton, I could physically dump the gearbox in the back of the Shogun and drop it to him in Wembley.

Jayjay, I really appreciate the heads up about Getriebeklinik too. I have a spare TC sitting on a shelf in the garage that I could send over to them. What did they do to your TC, just standard stuff or were there any special options? I think I will ask them what uprated/beefed up components that can provide for the C5 box, see if they will supply and ship them back and if Radec can fit them if they are better than what he can realistically cook up.

Having my local guys yank the engine means that they can get to work on whatever that needs and also send the turbos away for refurb and uprating too. Sh!t, this might just work. Would still have MRC tweak things once she is all slapped together.
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

Jayjay101
4th Gear

Post by Jayjay101 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:12 pm

Mr Footlong wrote:Cheers guys. Ok, knowing now that Radec had a modded C5 himself obviously sways things somewhat. I can get my local guys http://rdgarageservices.co.uk/to yank the box and they are only in Shepperton, I could physically dump the gearbox in the back of the Shogun and drop it to him in Wembley.

Jayjay, I really appreciate the heads up about Getriebeklinik too. I have a spare TC sitting on a shelf in the garage that I could send over to them. What did they do to your TC, just standard stuff or were there any special options? I think I will ask them what uprated/beefed up components that can provide for the C5 box, see if they will supply and ship them back and if Radec can fit them if they are better than what he can realistically cook up.

Having my local guys yank the engine means that they can get to work on whatever that needs and also send the turbos away for refurb and uprating too. Sh!t, this might just work. Would still have MRC tweak things once she is all slapped together.
I’ve had mine beefed up to take 900nm of torque(they can make it’s stronger than that) it’s standard stall and has uprated clutch’s in it as well as a few other bits that they didn’t want to tell me about! As they send it to sachs and get it built there way-Image
Old one at the top-there was nothing wrong with mine just I changed it while the engine was out-driving wise it locks really quick now compared to before when you put your foot down and it’s a lot smoother to drive in traffic think it was about £950 all in.cost me £30 to ship it to them

Jayjay101
4th Gear

Post by Jayjay101 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:18 pm

Just double checked and it was 995 euros plus shipping out to them all in

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”