Cam chain sliders

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Puggie
3rd Gear

Cam chain sliders

Post by Puggie » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:37 pm

So, I've seen a few people have done this. A quick search shows 'CSR Tech Berlin' do a replacement and have stock. Anyone have experience of these or a better suggestion?

Thanks

Bill.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Re: Cam chain sliders

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:27 pm

I can't comment re. CSR Tech Berlin.
The exact ones I used was https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271420294880, which came from https://www.cs-parts.de/
I was happy with the quality.
"not a professional engineer, mechanic and mechanist"

IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Post by IchBautAuto » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:29 am

Mɐʇʇ wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:27 pm
I can't comment re. CSR Tech Berlin.
The exact ones I used was https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271420294880, which came from https://www.cs-parts.de/
I was happy with the quality.
Placed an order with this EBay Shop yesterday and woke this morning to find a mass of emails cancelling the order and a refund. No details, just something to do with the delivery address. Seeing as the order was accepted to an Australian address, I have no idea what their real issue is.

It's only fair to add this to the thread. I did email them for a better explanation and received this just now which is fine by me.

Due to the corona virus, it is unfortunately not possible to ship the shipping service provider DHL / Deutsche Post to your country. Current information can be found here:
https://www.dhl.de/de/privatkunden/kamp ... virus.html
Payments already made will be refunded immediately.
At the moment you can only order directly in our online Shop via UPS Express. An order on the eBay marketplace is unfortunately not possible

Something like that on the site would have helped but we can sort this out. I am relieved that the supplier seems solid and worth looking at for further orders.
Last edited by IchBautAuto on Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
C5 RS6, Milltek and Wagners: B5 RS4 450 + HP: A4 1.8 GP TQS original: 1963 UNIMOG 404:

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:35 am

Tell me what you need and I’ll order and then forward on to you,

Gregstv
3rd Gear

Post by Gregstv » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:38 am

Had the same thing last week. Same message. I went onto my account and there was another message saying no stock. Full amount refunded.

IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Post by IchBautAuto » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:44 am

Thanks Matt, very generous and hopefully shouldn't be needed but much appreciated. I have placed an order with a US supplier so I'll see what I get. Will advise if there is anything that helps identify the slippers. From our end of the globe it seems that suppliers of the cam chain tensioner slippers are not that easy to find on google. There are probably a whole squad of them if I changed some words but CS-parts-de were the ones that came up in the UK-Europe sphere and a small firm RKXtech in the US that sells the slippers by themselves. I ordered from them and now to wait and see.

Fortunately I can still order from CS-parts-de directly from their website so that option is now open again for the future.
C5 RS6, Milltek and Wagners: B5 RS4 450 + HP: A4 1.8 GP TQS original: 1963 UNIMOG 404:

IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Post by IchBautAuto » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 am

Gregstv wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:38 am
Had the same thing last week. Same message. I went onto my account and there was another message saying no stock. Full amount refunded.
That's interesting, mine was a problem with the address??. Looks like the same issue, postal restrictions. You can still order through their website, they may actually have stock.

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:59 am

Blauparts?

IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Post by IchBautAuto » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:32 am

Mɐʇʇ wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:59 am
Blauparts?
RKXtech was who I used, if that was for me. Would have been convenient if it was FCP as I just placed a big order with them. The slippers were everywhere at one time and then nowhere when you decide to buy a set :(

IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Post by IchBautAuto » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:58 am

Just a little comedy to brighten up the day. Sleet and snow forecast in sunny Oz a month into spring. Whats the world coming to.

I mentioned that I'd found a supplier in the US for cam tensioner slippers. No issues with them, they sourced and shipped. I watched the tracking with USPS. Well, from source to LA and off to Hong Kong, That's certainly a way to get to Sydney in this day and age. My last shipment came in via Perth, 5K on the other side of the country so you need to be patient in these times.

Then I track the shipment from HK back to Pittsburg???? Wrong way! Now it seems / may be back on the way to me. Only time will tell. Anyway, electronic sorting isn't all it might be and this rudimentary map should at least get a laugh. At least items can be tourists even if people cannot.
Freight.jpg

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:43 am

I thought the blauparts ones weren’t a good fit?

I personally would get whole new adjusters from Rockauto. I struggle to trust spurious Ebay sellers, especially for such critical bits.

/That map is hilarious.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:01 am

The eBay seller I linky to for the sliders is these guys :
https://www.cs-parts.de/4x-Gleitschiene ... tenspanner

I know I’m the king of eBay generally, but it’s mostly for convenience, I always pay attention to who the actual seller is and whether they are “kwality” parts.

IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Post by IchBautAuto » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:08 am

It's not Blauparts, it's a small company called RKX tech. I don't think they are even on EBay, I chased them down via their business website. Now, it was a gamble as I haven't used the company before and don't know anyone who has and until I get them I won't know how they will go. I have spare tensioners so I can put them on and check as well as I can. Will post up results and if they were not a good buy, at least it wasn't the usual thousands this time.

Yes, the whole thing is so representative of this year. May as well get it all stuffed up in one swoop rather than spread it out. I didn't add the bit where they just MIGHT go via Hawaii on the way, common stop over.

Matts link are the guys who can't ship to me via EBay at this time but are still able to ship via their own website. I didn't know that then as I just went straight to the alternative supplier when my order was cancelled and then got the update the following day about shipping. I'll still look them over as I'm sure that I'm not done with parts for the foreseeable future.

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:33 am

I’m also happy with the Vaico aftermarket adjusters too - in this case, from Autodoc.
In VCDS I get all the correct measurements as per the book, plus build quality of them appears on a par with OE too - casting marks actually suggest they come from the same factory.

Definitely do not buy random eBay adjuster units. They are well known to be crap.

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:36 am

And I think these are the rockauto adjuster unit offerings:
Cyl 1-4
Cyl 5-9

For completeness sake.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”