Rear Lower Wishbones

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Rear Lower Wishbones

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:18 pm

Nobody hears from me for years and now I'm all over the place - because I'm giving the car a 5 year going over.

This is just an FYI really. While mine is in bits to do the Cam, EGT & Gearbox selector switch, I'm also getting a bunch of stuff on the undercarriage shotblasted & powdercoated. What I tend to do is buy a replacement, restore that and then switch them over. I've done all the springs before, along with the rear upper wishbones. This time it's the turn of the lower wishbones.

The RS6 is listed as having the following lower rear wishbones:
  • 4B3505311A
  • 4B3505312A
However, these are as rare as rocking horse sh1t - and if you find some, you probably wanna replace the bushes anyway. So I've just crawled under mine for the 10 millionth time and had a look at the wishbones.
They have a Sticker on with the above part numbers, however the Sticker peels off easily enough to reveal that they're actually the same part as every other A6:
  • 4B0505311
  • 4B0505312
So they are the same part, except the 4B0 versions are easily available and cheap. The only difference is the bushes - and audi don't list the bushes seperately for the lower wishbones, either flavour, anyway. Bastards.
So, a bit of hunting around, these are some bushes for the lower wishbone: The company offer 2x hardnesses - these are the slightly harder "sport" ones I've listed above.
They do also offer a complete rear end kit here too, which includes the above.
"not a professional engineer, mechanic and mechanist"

bilko1
Top Gear

Re: Rear Lower Wishbones

Post by bilko1 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:37 pm

I had the same problem recently the rear arms are the same as a Passat 4 motion. I also found the Strongflex bushes and posted in another thread. I was lucky and got genuine arms from German eBay. Good to know they are nothing special though.
Avus Avant, RNS-E mk2 with sds and Bluetooth, Milltek, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Forge, ITG, A.C.E, Wagner, FBMFSW, MTM.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”