Gearbox Service

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
mattmac
Neutral

Re: Gearbox Service

Post by mattmac » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:53 am

I spoke to ZF in Sussex about a new sump, they also told me they needed the type plate info, when I had the last MOT I looked but could not find it, only found a bar code Sticker, at least I know where to look know, thanks.

airtite
2nd Gear

Post by airtite » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:48 pm

All done, only thought about it when I did the filling procedure but the a8 procedure in the beginning of this thread states you need to go through the gears while checking fluid level ummm not sure how you would achieve that while the car is on stands and your foot on the brake??? Anyway did drive, neutral, reverse brought up to temp made sure fluid dripping out, tighter fill plug took it for a slow drive went through all the gears and then put it back on stands and checked level again..
All looks good.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:53 pm

How’d you get on, Rotty?
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

RS6Rottweiler
2nd Gear

Post by RS6Rottweiler » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:17 pm

I found the type plate which wasn't in the place it was supposed to be so sent information to ZF but still waiting on them getting back to me. I now that Other manufacturers used this gearbox like BMW so hoped they could give me a pat number or something from these manufacturers so I could go and ask at local dealers, only problem might be the other manufacturers might use different connectors to Audi?

I ordered up gearbox service kit and oil as well as pick up strainer from local Audi dealer, price seemed reasonable and they gave me discount. I also ordered up the oil for rear, diff, final drive and transfer boxes so once I hopefully can source a wiring loom will get on with the job which I hope will solve the problem.

There has been a massive improvement with gear selection with just changing the F125 switch (not a job for the faint hearted) which leads me to believe this is a bad connection problem or electrical issue rather than a component failure or at least i hope so, will keep you updated as I go along.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”