Tmc can bus colours

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Ajc
4th Gear

Tmc can bus colours

Post by Ajc » Sun May 19, 2019 1:37 pm

Does anyone know which of the orange and brown and orange and purple wires are hi and low ? . I'm trying too sort my rnse and dont want too get them the wrong way round . Cheers Al
Cheers Al

04 c5 rs6 , Ebony Black, Bare shell repaint , Milltek's, PSS9's,Hotchkis Arb's,Gutted precats, hybrid turbos, Bosch 044 ,And an annoying EML light

Shoppinit
Cruising

Re: Tmc can bus colours

Post by Shoppinit » Sun May 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Presumably you're taking the car CANbus from upstream of the TMC to go to the RNS-E?

If so the CAN-Hi wire from the dash is Orange/Purple.
And the CAN-Lo wire from the dash is Orange/Brown.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Ajc
4th Gear

Post by Ajc » Sun May 19, 2019 1:56 pm

That's what I think I'm doing shopp thanks for the reply . I'm coming from the tmc and into the back of the rnse , power block D pins 9 and 10 .
Does that sound right ? .
Cheers Al

04 c5 rs6 , Ebony Black, Bare shell repaint , Milltek's, PSS9's,Hotchkis Arb's,Gutted precats, hybrid turbos, Bosch 044 ,And an annoying EML light

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sun May 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Yup. 9 CAN-Hi, 10 CAN-Lo.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Ajc
4th Gear

Post by Ajc » Sun May 19, 2019 2:15 pm

Your a star shopp , now I just need too find the code for it as I seem too have misplaced it . Is there any way I can get it through VCDS or Elsawin ? . Or will I have too pay someone for it ? .
Cheers Al

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sun May 19, 2019 2:31 pm

You can't get the code from the Vagcom. There are some ebay vendors that sell you a code for £4 or £5 if you give them the serial number of the unit. Might be the easiest route.

There *might* be a free online calculator. I've successfully found the codes to other brands of head units this way, but most of the sites are scams and/or virus-ridden. Tread carefully if you go this route.

Or you could flash the firmware to get rid of the code. There's an iso you can burn to CD-ROM which will display the code when you boot from it. I've never tried it. Personally I would just pay the £4.

Ajc
4th Gear

Post by Ajc » Sun May 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Shoppinit wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:31 pm
You can't get the code from the Vagcom. There are some ebay vendors that sell you a code for £4 or £5 if you give them the serial number of the unit. Might be the easiest route.

There *might* be a free online calculator. I've successfully found the codes to other brands of head units this way, but most of the sites are scams and/or virus-ridden. Tread carefully if you go this route.

Or you could flash the firmware to get rid of the code. There's an iso you can burn to CD-ROM which will display the code when you boot from it. I've never tried it. Personally I would just pay the £4.
Cheers for that bud , I think I'll just pay the £4 and get the code . I haven't paid for the unit as it came out of a friends crashed a6 . I should have grabbed the bluetooth module and mic too whist I was there . But forward thinking wasnt ever my strong point . So I dont mi d spend a few quid getting it up and running . I'm looking at a gateway unit from denison which should give me dab and bluetooth streaming anyway I hope . I need to do some digging and maybe some more hacking
Cheers Al

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Did you get the code in the end?

Ajc
4th Gear

Post by Ajc » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:54 pm

Shoppinit wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:18 pm
Did you get the code in the end?
I did bud yeah , sorry I should have updated everyone . I got it from Ebay for a few quid . It's all installed and running pretty well .I've just got too address the issue of the sat nav not working very well. Its picking up sats but wont track on the map mode , or in fact tell me which way too go . Not ideal some may say :shock: . Still I'm off upto Scotland in it next weekend for two weeks . I can think of far worse places too get lost if I haven't sorted it by then
Cheers Al

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:31 pm

I can’t remember if the RNSE needs a feed from the vehicle speed sensor.

Or maybe your gps antenna is pants. Or not positioned where it can get a good view of the sky.

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:00 am

We'll all be fooked if shopp ever sells his one and moves on to a different forum
"not a professional engineer, mechanic and mechanist"

bilko1
Top Gear

Post by bilko1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:22 am

Where have you put the GPS puck? I had to put mine under the bonnet as the solar reflective windscreen blocks the GPS signals.
Avus Avant, RNS-E mk2 with sds and Bluetooth, Milltek, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Forge, ITG, A.C.E, Wagner, FBMFSW, MTM.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:25 am

Mine is in the front bumper. Only the plastic of the bumper between it and the sky.

Ajc
4th Gear

Post by Ajc » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Mines under the dash as far up as I can get it . It did cost me about 8 quid so it could be the problem if I'm honest, I'll maybe change it for a better one and see if it makes a difference. Or try repositioning it outside the vehicle. Its next too my tracker gps puck and that gets a good enough signal . But it's not running trying too do as much really .
Cheers Al

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”