Suspension bush / mount upgrades

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
RS6Rottweiler
2nd Gear

Suspension bush / mount upgrades

Post by RS6Rottweiler » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Hi;

At my last MOT on the RS6 various bushes are showing signs of age and wear so looking to upgrade where possible or stick with OEM depending on what feedback I get.

I will replace what bushes I can with Superpro or Whiteline as seen bad feedback on Powerflex but neither of theses suppliers offer many bushes other than some for the front so I was wondering if there is any other options out there that I can look at for bushes and mounts for Diff, Trans mounts and engine or anything I have missed.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who can provide good advise.

Sxcarmyboi
2nd Gear

Re: Suspension bush / mount upgrades

Post by Sxcarmyboi » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:47 am

I am currently running powerflex black series on the front of my avant RS6 no problems so fare and are 2 years old.
I have also got strongflex rear bushes being fitted as we speak.

Powerflex only offer front bushes but strongflex offer a full car set.
C5 RS6 Avant
800+ BHP loading
1100+ ft lb loading

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:04 am

I only ever use OE bushes, but that's just me.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Mark-RS
4th Gear

Post by Mark-RS » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:21 pm

Powerflex are a hard ride. I had them upgraded on my old VR6 and the ride became substantially harder.

Nobby
Top Gear

Post by Nobby » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:15 pm

I've got powerflex 'purple' upper bushes, ARBs and droplink bushes at the front. I have rear ARB mounts aswell - although they aren't listed for the RS6 I found a set that fitted a different audi that were the correct size (maybe for the B6 RS4? - I'll look it up)
Daytona RS6 Avant
Rule #36 - At least one gear shall be dropped for every tunnel travelled

** NOW AVAILABLE ** C5 RS6 Cambelt Tool kit rental (also fits other models 3.7/4.2 V8 engines)

RS6Rottweiler
2nd Gear

Post by RS6Rottweiler » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:33 am

I'm looking to fit Superpro on the front as they give the option to fit double offset to change the caster and improve steering response. I have seen some bad reviews on Powerflex due to noise and stiff to operate due to lack of grease etc. Has anyone fitted the Strongflex and if so what are your opinion of the as again seen mixed reviews but great value for the money?

Steveo
3rd Gear

Post by Steveo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:25 am

Why do you not want to use the OE ones?
RS6 C5, MTM

Ben_r1
3rd Gear

Post by Ben_r1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:14 am

I’ve used power flex for years on various car with no issues, if your finding the ride hard you’ve fitted the wrong colour.

Yellow is nearly as compliant as OE.

RS6Rottweiler
2nd Gear

Post by RS6Rottweiler » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:53 pm

I have no issue with fitting OE as they have lasted this long with no real issues so they cant be bad but I want to change the caster as this is supposed to improve steering response without affecting tyre wear and the Superpro give you various options to do that. I may even fit the Superpro on the front that they supply and stick with OE for the rest. I also appreciate that grade (colour) of bush makes a big difference and yellow is the colour to go for with Powerflex and Red if you use Strongflex. I am looking to see where I can source the Superpro and take it from. there.

Nobby
Top Gear

Post by Nobby » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Poly bushes are normally a bit easier to fit too. Standard bushes can be a pain if you don't have much space, a hydraulic press. Freezing the bushes often helps, as does heating where the bushes is going to go but you still have to be quick.
Daytona RS6 Avant
Rule #36 - At least one gear shall be dropped for every tunnel travelled

** NOW AVAILABLE ** C5 RS6 Cambelt Tool kit rental (also fits other models 3.7/4.2 V8 engines)

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”