Servicing ?

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Mark-RS
4th Gear

Servicing ?

Post by Mark-RS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:34 am

How do we know what needs doing on each service ?

Looked through the service book, but it only has tick boxes for everything and you tick the things that you do...

It doesn't actually tell you "What" needs doing.

I'm at 118k and have no idea what I need to get done :boohoo:

I've ordered the oil and plugs. Don't need air filters since MRC fitted theirs... Cam belt was done 2 years ago. Waterpump thermostat and Aux belt done at 103k.

Last service 10k ago states simply long life service, oil change and inspection.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Re: Servicing ?

Post by Shoppinit » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:47 am

Elsawin can give you the official service items and schedules.

But basically, there is no long life service on the RS6. It's a service every 10k or year, in theory. Oil and filter. Air filters - I do them every service because they are cheap as chips.

Plugs every 20k. You could do fuel filter when you do the plugs. Also ATF and strainer when you do the plugs.

You could also replace the diff oils and transfer box oil if you have too much cash burning a hole in your pocket.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Mark-RS
4th Gear

Re: Servicing ?

Post by Mark-RS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:08 pm

Since I need a TC I'll leave the ATF for now. It's something I will get sorted later this year.

So basically I am looking at plugs (Since I have them) Oil and filter... Fuel filter maybe ? Since I am unsure when it was last changed.

Just looked through history and ATF fluid was changed just under 2 years ago. Also I have a record at the same time for the Diff's being topped up, not changed.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”