Insurance...

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Mark-RS
4th Gear

Insurance...

Post by Mark-RS » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:47 am

My insurance is due for renewal and i've had a few quotes.

My first port of call was the comparison websites, which estimated the car's value at between £2.5 and £4k ? What the actual F**** ?

With a quote of £345 for the year if anything bad happens what price would I likely get for the car ? I have never seen one that low ? Even a write off bag of <beep> !

I'm now thinking of agreed value or something ?

My current renewal with HIC is some £200 more than this quote so I'm going to give them a call now, but just thought I would post here for advice in the meantime.

PipRS6
2nd Gear

Re: Insurance...

Post by PipRS6 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Those valuations are not binding. If the worst happened and you needed to make a claim then they would value the car at that point. It is the insurers obligation to put you in the same financial position you were in 1 second before the crash. Generally they always give low offers anyway. But if you argue it the value will always go up. And if you supply evidence of equivalent cars selling for more than they are offering then they will typically revise again. Worst case you can submit you're evidence to the insurance ombudsman and they will force them to pay out more. But you shouldn't have to go that far. Of course all insurers vary but that's the generals of it!

Mark-RS
4th Gear

Post by Mark-RS » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:21 pm

Looking at £372 now with an Agreed value of £13k with Flux.

Just need to send in all the forms and take 7 colour pics of various sections of the car to prove it's not an old shed.

Never had to claim before aside from a window and would have always argued the value should the worst ever happened, but the estimated value given had me a little worried, I have to admit.

PipRS6
2nd Gear

Post by PipRS6 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 am

Mark-RS wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:21 pm
Looking at £372 now with an Agreed value of £13k with Flux.

Just need to send in all the forms and take 7 colour pics of various sections of the car to prove it's not an old shed.

Never had to claim before aside from a window and would have always argued the value should the worst ever happened, but the estimated value given had me a little worried, I have to admit.
That's great, Will have to look at Flux when its time to renew in a couple of months...

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”