Brembo spares

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
simonpoulton
3rd Gear

Brembo spares

Post by simonpoulton » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi guys,

Anyone got any good sources for spare parts for the front calipers? Mine is now stuck at the MOT test centre since the pipework going between the two sides of the caliper is leaking I think at the point of where the dampener sleeve is. I could fabricate one but for ease just wanted to pop a new OEM one on there.

Also, plan B as I bet it will be hell to get that pipe off, does anyone have a place that does a full rebuild of these calipers (not just a repaint)? I have my original calipers that need a lot of TLC and couple potentially just switch the whole caliper over.

Cheers
Simon
Current: RS6 C5 Avant, E60 5 Series, '78 Mini (Queued for restoration)
Past: R56 Mini Cooper S

PipRS6
2nd Gear

Re: Brembo spares

Post by PipRS6 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:39 pm

The pipe is going to be far far easier to fabricate a new one. Piece of brake pipe with a couple of bends and a couple of screw joints. Any garage can do this in 10 minutes, probably with bits that have lying around on the floor..... Very cheap job. Probably cheaper than getting an OEM one.... And it shouldn't be too hard to get off. No harder than a bleed nipple...

As for the full rebuild kit you are just looking at a seal kit which you can get from motor factors. They are very easy to do. Unless you have any binding of the brakes you won't need pistons. Seal kits are generally a few pounds per piston so wont cost much. And again any garage can fit these. They are pretty easy to do yourself as well if you want to give it a go. But by the sounds of it your car is at the garage anyway so may as well let them do it.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”