New owner, just snagged the "Cheapest RS6 in the country"

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
C5RSicks
Neutral

New owner, just snagged the "Cheapest RS6 in the country"

Post by C5RSicks » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:16 am

Hi! New RS6 owner (c5) here! Been through the whole American HP thing with a few cobras and a corvette, but when i saw a 2003 Rs6 for sale for 10,500, I jumped on it and snagged it. According to the dealer, it was the cheapest one up in the country! and judging by how hard i looked within a 200 mile radius of NYC....they werent lying.

I do gotta be honest, this car is UNREAL to me.

I didnt have slouch cobras, most made 700-800 min hp (one was procharged (675whp) the other was single 76mm turbo (719rwhp) but really werent the ideal DD like an RS6 is. I swear its so weird coming from the rowdy kinda HP an american car gives you vs this thing thats like, a luxury car normally driving, but turns into this rocket ship on demand when needed. Really, the handling is nuts too. havent had a chance to play with the paddle shifters, but will soon enough.

I know majority of the issues these cars can have, and was pretty shocked to learn that it basically had zero real mechanical issues for its asking price. Dealer didnt seem to know what it was until they put it in inventory, and 3 people a day were calling from "across the country" asking about. for 10,500, i stole this car from them i feel like. They never got so many calls about a car before that they didnt expect to be something special. Kinda cool i found it just on whim search one day. previous owner did all Maintenance and had a folder to prove it on hand

Looking into getting a "10secs4" tune if anyone can get me in touch with marc, back in 07 his silver stage three s4 beat my pulley intake and exhaust 03 cobra by a good car and a half, and seems to be legit in the audi scene for over a decade and his tune for this platform seems top notch

Will upload pics soon, in good cosmetic shape save for a few usual nicks and scratches on a car that has 115k on it. Some curb rash on those wheels, but i wanted other wheels anyway. Really, i still cant believe what it turns into when you put your foot down. good lord.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Re: New owner, just snagged the "Cheapest RS6 in the country"

Post by Shoppinit » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:55 am

Noice. Very rare car in the USA. You can definitely feel very smug driving it around.

FON.

Rule 1.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:00 pm

FON.
Rule 1.
Mod it like you hate it.
No matter where you go, there you are.

C5RSicks
Neutral

Post by C5RSicks » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Actuallly my very good friend is the owner of IPT transmissions in NJ. He has a built c5 rs6 trans if anyone wants btw....otherwise i may have to buy it.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:11 pm

Cool. I've met him. Very nice bloke.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”