Anyone seen any +'s for sale/sold

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Daveperc
Cruising

Re: Anyone seen any +'s for sale/sold

Post by Daveperc » Fri May 04, 2018 1:47 pm

I didn't look at a single car that wasn't on Coilovers.
That doesn't tell us what's out there - only that you only looked at cars on coilies!!

Of the 9 on PH today (all under £12K plus one at £23K :shock: ) 1 is on DRC, 2 on coilies, and 6 don't specify, one of which claims "Audi upgraded suspension" (who knows what that means!!)

Given that PH is basically where enthusiasts are selling their cars, and given that the contention is that being off DRC is a selling point, I would be surprised if all 6 which don't specify are all on coilies.

My guess is that it may now be up to 67% on coilies as most of these cars are now in the hands of "enthusiasts" rather than folks who owned them from new(ish) with a view on value preservation etc.

Dave

Ben_r1
3rd Gear

Post by Ben_r1 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:33 pm

I can’t ever see DRC OE equipped cars being more desirable even for originality.

What happens when Audi stop supplying DRC replacement parts? Usually 15 years isn’t it until they legally don’t have to manufacture specific model spare parts for cars anymore?

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sat May 05, 2018 10:40 pm

There's no legal minimum. Lots of parts are already NLA.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Bishbosh
Neutral

Post by Bishbosh » Mon May 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Just had my Plus valued for an agreed value policy with Adrian Flux.

They made me use an independent IAEA engineer.

http://www.iaea-online.org/

He's come back with a figure of £19750. The car has 83,000 miles on it.

ahoooga
5th Gear

Post by ahoooga » Mon May 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Tue May 15, 2018 8:24 am

Be mindful that "replacement value" for insurance valuation purposes isn't necessarily the same as the market value. I recall a convo with a friend some time back - his buddy has something rather exotic that is valued > 1 million, and for theft purposes, is insured at that value. But he also uses it for a bit of classic racing, where it's insured for <250K - since no matter how badly he totals it, it'll cost less than that to rebuild - the extra value is in the chassis number and provenance. It's all madness!
"not a professional engineer, mechanic and mechanist"

PipRS6
2nd Gear

Post by PipRS6 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:43 am

Daveperc wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 1:47 pm
I didn't look at a single car that wasn't on Coilovers.
That doesn't tell us what's out there - only that you only looked at cars on coilies!!

Of the 9 on PH today (all under £12K plus one at £23K :shock: ) 1 is on DRC, 2 on coilies, and 6 don't specify, one of which claims "Audi upgraded suspension" (who knows what that means!!)

Given that PH is basically where enthusiasts are selling their cars, and given that the contention is that being off DRC is a selling point, I would be surprised if all 6 which don't specify are all on coilies.

My guess is that it may now be up to 67% on coilies as most of these cars are now in the hands of "enthusiasts" rather than folks who owned them from new(ish) with a view on value preservation etc.

Dave
Sorry I didn't make that clear. I looked at all cars regardless of their suspension but I didn't come across any on DRC. They were all on Coilovers.

kentrs
Neutral

Post by kentrs » Tue May 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Bishbosh wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Just had my Plus valued for an agreed value policy with Adrian Flux.

They made me use an independent IAEA engineer.

http://www.iaea-online.org/

He's come back with a figure of £19750. The car has 83,000 miles on it.
Great thanks, that is very helpful.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”