4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Weiß-sechs
5th Gear

Re: Getting 600+ bhp - questions

Post by Weiß-sechs » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Daveperc wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:16 pm
And I can't really get the CATs off
It's not the cats that need to go, it's the pre-cats in the DP's - makes a big difference to the back pressure on the turbo. Better still fit 3"DP's (with no pre-cats in).

Enjoy!!
This^^^^

Hixrs6
Neutral

Post by Hixrs6 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:17 pm

WHat about bigger fuel nozzles, bigger fuel pump, and cooling? I find these cars run a bit lean in the heat and the timing is pulled. I've thrown on 600cc injectors, a Bosch fuel pump and am now putting on a bigger oil cooler and running snows water meth system. This has definitely squeezed me another 30-40hp at least

V!per
3rd Gear

Post by V!per » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Yes the heat soak is what is killing my output - timing was pulled quite a lot.
I have bigger oil coolers now installed. Meth/Water injection was the next step but I have to save some money first. I hope I won't have to sell the car as we have just put an offer on the house.
Was also thinking of getting some vents on the bonnet
Which injectors have you put in yours ??

Hixrs6
Neutral

Post by Hixrs6 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:39 pm

You can always sleep on recaro race seats lol
I put ford mustang injectors in which are 600cc
I have an amazing tuner in Toronto who recaps little tweaks and now it gargles and sometimes pops a flame out of the tips ;)

I'm installing the meth this afternoon but having a hard time figuring out where to install the tank and pump because I don't have a solenoid for the nozzle if it's below the tank and pump :s

simonpoulton
3rd Gear

Post by simonpoulton » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:09 pm

RE: the heatsoak, I noticed you have the silver stock air channels diverting cooler air to the new air filters. But equally they could be sucking in a lot of warm air from the engine compartment still, especially if the air was getting turbulent. And I always thought those silver air channels were quite squished in cross section.

Is there anything you can do to get colder air directly from the front of the car without sucking in heat from the engine bay?
Current: RS6 C5 Avant, E60 5 Series, '78 Mini (Queued for restoration)
Past: R56 Mini Cooper S

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:36 pm

simonpoulton wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:09 pm
Is there anything you can do to get colder air directly from the front of the car without sucking in heat from the engine bay?
No matter where you go, there you are.

Hixrs6
Neutral

Post by Hixrs6 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:57 pm

Haha there's your answer. I'm taking an old a a6 hood and building scoops that will direct ambient air directly on to the filter which will help. THe water meth I just started running is helping with the heatsoak and keeping temp a down. I'm more concerned about the dragstrip though...so I'm thinking dry ice all around(car off) shot of nos in my waggies and I'm also relocating a 1.8t IAT which I see some of you guys did. But cutting headlights would be amazing haha

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:03 pm

If you do an image search for the RS6 Championship cars you will see a number things they've done with intakes. Some had the side Indicators cut out, which looks 'interesting'.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Hixrs6
Neutral

Post by Hixrs6 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Hello boys! Been working on the boats for a while, coming home now though. I Installed water/meth in my car, no tune yet, and it has brought my 1/4 mile from 13.1 @108 (30 degrees celsius) to 12.6@113 (26 degrees celsius). Definitely quicker off the line from the purge shot into the throttle body before launch, and a snappier top end. Still seeing IAT's very very high :boohoo:

Getting a tune on it so I don't need to put race fuel additive in (tuned for 101 octane right meow)
Have a snow performance stage 2 kit with a 600 cc injector in the y-pipe before my throttle body. Will tune the car when I get 8 small #1 nozzles for direct port injection :kissmyrings:

My mechanic and I decided to go to Water to Air intercoolers so we are selling my waggies and buying stock intercoolers to be welding onto two water to air coolers from cx racing in the states. I also just bough the interchiller from Forced induction intercoolers which was $$$ but it will apparently bring my IAT's down to around 10 celsius ALWAYS! Can't <beep> wait! It'll feel like I'm driving it in freezing cold weather even after sitting in the staging lanes for an hour :boots:

When I'm home in a week or so I'll be posting install pics for:

Custom rear brakes made in Quebec, Canada (Luften)
Water/Meth install w/gauge
Oil Cooler from a Q7
New timing belt
new oil cooler pipe
Light weight crank pulley damper
anodized 2 gallon tank for water/meth
Water to Air and Interchiller setup!

Stay tuned

PipRS6
2nd Gear

Post by PipRS6 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:56 am

I've used CX Racing a number of times. They are great so you won't have much worries there. 10° IAT sounds ideal... Especially if the tyres have the grip from 50° tarmac! Good luck sounds like an awesome build. Pop up a separate build thread and engorge us with photos of the whole build!!

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”