I HATE PEAOPLE THAT CAN'T DRIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Ben_r1
3rd Gear

Re: I HATE PEAOPLE THAT CAN'T DRIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Ben_r1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:31 am

That’s a shame he may be ignoring you now, why do car accidents bring out the worst in people?

I had a similar issue years back when I gently rear ended a focus in the snow with a van. There was no damage but the old chap saw an opportunity and demanded £300 for a scratch that was only visible at night under a torch. He pestered me for days on the phone so I payed him off in the end to cut the hassle.

Two weeks later I get a letter from my insurance company requesting more details about an accident he is trying to claim for. My insurers didn’t really care about this £300 that he was adamant never saw. Not a good situation.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:36 pm

I was in one of the Brighton lanes staionary with my indicator on to park on the left. Looked in my mirror and nothing there.
I revered slowly and slightly bumped a Vauxhall mini people mover who had drove straight up to the back of me.
I was in my wifes Golf and stressed to fcuk.

To cut a long story short, I admitted it was my fault and paid for the repair. The other chap was a real gent and got his mate with a body Shop to fix it cheap. I got my wifes Golf sorted at my mates body Shop too.

These sort of things can be straight forward if the person in the blame just admits it and co-operates positively as I did. Two gents sorting things out efficiently with the least amount of hastle is the best way. If he won't co-operate knock him out.

I hope your problem gets sorted out quickly. It's a real sh1t when your car's not perfect.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Ajc
4th Gear

Post by Ajc » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:50 pm

Well , after speaking too the guy today . He's not interested in paying any money toward getting it repaired outside of the insurance as he has no excess as it's motability . He's given me his details and said phone them and claim if I want.
He's wound me up so much with his arrigant attitude and and really doesn't care that it's going too put my premium up at all.
As much as I want too go through his insurance too too give him some sh&t and grief , i think im going pay for the repair out of my own pocket. Least i know it'll be done how I want it with the parts I want too use .
I'm upset how little regard for other people's cars some people have these days , and from an older gentleman too . I thought it was the youth that had no respect ! .
Cheers Al

04 c5 rs6 , Ebony Black, Bare shell repaint , Milltek's, PSS9's,Hotchkis Arb's,Gutted precats, hybrid turbos, Bosch 044 ,And an annoying EML light

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:17 pm

It'll cost you less ultimately to do it yourself. Plus it'll probably be done better.

I was going suggest breaking his leg but it doesn't sound like it'll slow him down much.

#peaople are cnuts. ;-)
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Ajc
4th Gear

Post by Ajc » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Well that's how I'm looking at it . It will probably cost me less than what my premium will go up by next year . Plus I don't have too deal with <beep> Insurance companies.
Plus I can do the stone chip on the bumper whilst I'm there .
Cheers Al

04 c5 rs6 , Ebony Black, Bare shell repaint , Milltek's, PSS9's,Hotchkis Arb's,Gutted precats, hybrid turbos, Bosch 044 ,And an annoying EML light

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:26 pm

What an absolute w4nker. I lost my job once after a Pakistani Printer engineer dented my door with his shitty van at work. I have nothing against Indians but this guy was something else. He would not admit he did it and after I said, "good job we're at work else I may have knock your head off". He put a complaint into HR and being a contractor I got the sack. My mate Steve (Dentech) got the dent out but said it was a really bad smack.

The best thing to do is just get it fixed and move on.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

ahoooga
5th Gear

Post by ahoooga » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:17 am

Ajc wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:44 pm
It will probably cost me less than what my premium will go up by next year .
Why will yours go up ? You personally claim against HIS insurance, not your own insurance. If you claim through your insurer, then yea, they put it up even though its a no blame claim.

Ajc
4th Gear

Post by Ajc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 am

ahoooga wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:17 am
Ajc wrote:
Why will yours go up ? You personally claim against HIS insurance, not your own insurance. If you claim through your insurer, then yea, they put it up even though its a no blame claim.
I know I can , but it has a knock on effect on your premium too . It's very unfair but it happens as soon as you tell them you've been involved in a claim, fault or non fault .
Cheers Al

Ajc
4th Gear

Post by Ajc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:24 am

Covkiller wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:26 pm
What an absolute w4nker. I lost my job once after a Pakistani Printer engineer dented my door with his shitty van at work. I have nothing against Indians but this guy was something else. He would not admit he did it and after I said, "good job we're at work else I may have knock your head off". He put a complaint into HR and being a contractor I got the sack. My mate Steve (Dentech) got the dent out but said it was a really bad smack.

The best thing to do is just get it fixed and move on.
Fooking hell :shock: , I just don't get people like that , why not just admit when you get it wrong and help sort the situation out rather than bein a total tard about it , if have cracked him anyway on my way out the door :oops: .
Cheers Al

Ben_r1
3rd Gear

Post by Ben_r1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Figured it might go that way, he’s probably gone home and discussed it with someone a little more clued up who has told him to not do it privately.

Double blow, if I were you I’d be feeling pretty hard done by.

Ajc
4th Gear

Post by Ajc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Ben_r1 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:48 pm
Figured it might go that way, he’s probably gone home and discussed it with someone a little more clued up who has told him to not do it privately.

Double blow, if I were you I’d be feeling pretty hard done by.
I kinda thought it would go that way from his attitude when he did it . I knew he wouldn't try too help in any way at all .
It does however mean I can fix it on my time scale and how it suits me , so it may be a blessing in disguise. I know it's going too cost me , but it could be worse . I have faith that karma will bite him on the arse at some point.
Cheers Al

BillTheButcher
4th Gear

Post by BillTheButcher » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 am

ahoooga wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:17 am
Ajc wrote:
I had a 100% non-fault claim in 2012. All costs were recovered from the dickweed's insurance company but my premium went up anyway because, according to my insurance company, people who are involved in one accident are more likely to be involved in another, i.e. I was placed in a higher-risk category because someone had driven into me.

ahoooga
5th Gear

Post by ahoooga » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:35 pm

BillTheButcher wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 am
I had a 100% non-fault claim in 2012. All costs were recovered from the dickweed's insurance company but my premium went up anyway because, according to my insurance company, people who are involved in one accident are more likely to be involved in another, i.e. I was placed in a higher-risk category because someone had driven into me.
I had a similar situation with my daughter last year, ended up telling our insurer, who wanted to put it up , then quoted it wasn't her fault/blame, why are they penalising her for it, after a supervisor got involved, they agreed it wasn't her fault, and the premium did NOT go up. Ultimately my actions actually saved them money which is what won the argument.

BillTheButcher
4th Gear

Post by BillTheButcher » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:18 am

ahoooga wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:35 pm
BillTheButcher wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 am
I had a similar situation with my daughter last year, ended up telling our insurer, who wanted to put it up , then quoted it wasn't her fault/blame, why are they penalising her for it, after a supervisor got involved, they agreed it wasn't her fault, and the premium did NOT go up. Ultimately my actions actually saved them money which is what won the argument.
Well done. :) I had no such outcome. I've changed insurer three times since then and the premium increase has followed me each time. It now falls outside the usual "claims (fault or non-fault) during the last five years" question so hopefully that'll be the last I hear of it.

HPsauce
4th Gear

Post by HPsauce » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Sometimes insurers can treat you fairly, but you need to battle them as they won't start that way.
I had a similar "issue" when my car was hit by a teenager cycling very fast on a pavement, going home from school head down and not looking. Big heavy sixth-former rugby player at least 6'2" tall on a heavy mountain bike so plenty of damage to my car from his bike; luckily he was unhurt.
His mother came and picked him up, was very apologetic and offered to pay for the repairs so I got a very reasonable quote from a local body-Shop. But she then reneged on that offer, I think having had advice that as he was under 18 I would get nowhere with any claim so could "go whistle".
So I did go via my insurers and had to pay the excess. I then invoked my legal cover to reclaim that and other losses (lack of use, potential premium increase etc.). His family would have had home insurance to cover such claims anyway so I saw no major obstacles.

Having made statements to their legal people I then heard nothing. After some months I chased them to be told they had abandoned any claim against him due to being a minor and it being "complex" to continue as they would not cooperate in any way.
I then complained about that decision and persisted; eventually the insurers did actually repay me the excess as a "goodwill gesture" and also confirmed my premium had not been affected, which appeared true.

The other little twist in this tale is that his parents ran a local "foodie" pub, so I made sure that everyone I know locally (a lot!) heard this story and was allowed to draw their own conclusions about the trustworthiness and morals of the people running that business. I'm quite sure they lost a lot more profit from that than the cost of repairing my car.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”