Battery replacement.

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
MR P
1st Gear

Re: Battery replacement.

Post by MR P » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:34 pm

My battery has died twice now in 5 wks. It seems fines if i drive the car frequently but the two times ive left it for 6 days without driving the car its died.
Should i replace it??

MR P
1st Gear

Post by MR P » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:36 pm

I also may have to sell it due to a recent break up and im absolutely gutted. B££tches.

simonpoulton
3rd Gear

Post by simonpoulton » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:09 pm

Have you got anything draining the battery (anything plugged into the cig sockets as they are permanently live) or a recent after market head unit? If you have a multimeter, you can measure the current draw from the battery when the car is off...
Current: RS6 C5 Avant, E60 5 Series, '78 Mini (Queued for restoration)
Past: R56 Mini Cooper S

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:00 pm

I think a solution to the girlfriend/boyfriend problem is probably more useful at this stage.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

dch1n
Neutral

Post by dch1n » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:50 pm

MR P wrote:My battery has died twice now in 5 wks. It seems fines if i drive the car frequently but the two times ive left it for 6 days without driving the car its died.
Should i replace it??
Same issue, the car was ok for a week but after 2, alarm would go everytime I opened her up, had to use a booster to get it going. New battery sorted it out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MR P
1st Gear

Post by MR P » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:47 am

Shopinnit - lmao!!😂 bless him, yeah !

No no drain on battery i unpkug charger etc when i leave car.
Altenator is fine - checked.

Simon Poultim- Probably need battery it would seem.

amgtr
Neutral

Post by amgtr » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:42 am

If the car is not going to be used on and off for several days / weeks etc. I would get a Ctek charger / conditioner with the optional extension lead and permanently connect to the battery using the eyelet adaptor piece then the extension lead will give you plenty of length to plug the charger in without having to move everything in the boot to get to the battery again, works a treat.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:51 am

That's what I do with mine. I've got the lead from the battery coming through the back seat and out through the rear passenger door so I can connect the conditioner up in the garage.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

MR P
1st Gear

Post by MR P » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:09 am

Thanks dudes.

Wish i had a garage.
Another problem bigger then thr battery issue, due to split with the b££tch is my parking problem!
Im parking a mint C5 RS6 blatantly out in the street that has not enough parking spaces and thebstreet is full of dent madnets and twats!! I dont for my life but i do the cars!! Im fkn so angry at th moment. Its hard to explain the parking issue and its a joke. Sometimes im parking my big 6 200 metres from where im having to live at the minute!

Its already had the i got no respect biker scrapping their peddles against my bumper, trust me i know the scratch marks as its happened before with other Cars (both my other Audis in fact!). If i saw who did it they would get a quiet word and a telling off and i would be locked up.

This is why i may have to sell it. I can not feel the way i feel and do with the car going from a protested parking space to a fkn free for all in a tight and restrictive street. Absolute Nightmare.

Bring out the violins if you like i may need them soon...

MR P
1st Gear

Post by MR P » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:12 am

Jesus my predictive txt is pissed again and its only 10 am!! If you can understand what i have wrote and read it then fait play, have a nice day. Ps the scratches will be eliminated and sorted. I know a man!!

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”