My next project on the car

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Drummerman
2nd Gear

Re: My next project on the car

Post by Drummerman » Fri May 23, 2014 7:17 pm

What made me change?? Well when I first bought the car it was to be a weekend toy, but it is too much of a car to be just used on the weekend. Always had good sounds in my other cars so the time has come to sort this one. I'm not looking for serious ass kicking bass just a really clean sound so with 8 of the 6&1/2 inch drivers in the front, I'm hoping not to need a sub - to get good bass you don't need a pair of 18 inch subs in the boot, have a look at my brothers stuff on www.philjonesbass.com

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri May 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Drummerman wrote: to get good bass you don't need a pair of 18 inch subs in the boot
That's right, you only need one:

I looked at those door pods for my B7, but I think last time I looked i couldn't find them anymore (had other cars but not the B7).

The RNS-E is pretty good in terms of sound quality for an OEM headunit. There was not a massive difference when I upgraded mine to an Alpine. The biggest difference was changing the door speakers and binning the Bose amp.

bakustax
3rd Gear

Post by bakustax » Fri May 23, 2014 8:20 pm

Bose will have two "options" ...one for the i-docs and digital radios...and another for the contract with Audi...although the Audi option is decent...it isn't the quality of the "over the top" expensive lounge talking points.

Drummerman
2nd Gear

Post by Drummerman » Fri May 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Well Mike - that's the advantage of a 'loon! Mine's an Avant and I need all that space, hence my choice. I am quite keen to try the MOSCONI 6-8V8 DSP as used by sar in his ICE install. I like the idea of streaming lossless from my iPod.

Steveo
3rd Gear

Post by Steveo » Fri May 10, 2019 12:32 pm

Drummerman wrote:
Fri May 23, 2014 5:31 pm
Well after my initial excitement about the Jehnert speakers and door linings, I can say I am even more impressed. the kit is well made, the crossovers and fittings are all good quality and the instructions are specific to the C5 (so many times manufacturers just send out generic bloody drawings!). It looks like quite a bit of work to do it properly, so if it rains this weekend I know what I will be attempting.
Fortunately by brother is big in the speaker and amplification world, so I can get a few tips on setting everything up. For those who may be interested in doing this, let me know and I will photograph as I go along.
Whatever happened to this install?????? I would love to see the promised pics.
RS6 C5, MTM

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”