called an RS600 due to 600 bhp

corbett
1st Gear

Re: Sportec RS600

Post by corbett » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 pm

longman h wrote:
corbett wrote:
longman h wrote:That is insanely quick. :shock:

Have you got a list of what's been done to the car to get it to that POWAAAHHHH??
It has a sportec rs600 kit installed which includes :

Ported heads
Upgraded cams
Ported intake system
Upgraded wheels in turbos
Upgraded cooling system
Upgraded intercoolers

Car was also fitted with a 6 speed.

I purchased the car a year ago or so with these mods already done and then we converted it to e85 fueling and a retune.

It's now out getting forged rods bigger turbos and some more goodies and another retune!
So how many ponies will you be looking at then?
650+whp I hope

longman h
4th Gear

Post by longman h » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:15 am

ahoooga wrote:called an RS600 due to 600 bhp
I knew that mon frere but wanted to know what it would be producing once he's done the other mods. :bigblink:
Daytona Grey C6 RS6 Avant
Ebony Black C5 RS6 Plus - Gone

SuprSi
5th Gear

Post by SuprSi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:35 am

corbett wrote:650+whp I hope
Holy crap. Most of us are using the calculated (roughly) engine power, I only got 436PS measured (977mBar 26c) on my MRC Stage 1+
2003 C5 RS6 Avant Daytona Grey

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:02 am

corbett wrote:

Have you got a list of what's been done to the car to get it to that POWAAAHHHH??

Ported heads
Upgraded cams
Ported intake system
Upgraded cooling system
Upgraded intercoolers

I purchased the car a year ago or so with these mods already done and then we converted it to e85 fueling and a retune.

It's now out getting forged rods bigger turbos and some more goodies and another retune!
Why forged rods, internals are good for 800+ and undoing Cosworth's work be an odd thing to do IMO?
Once the manifold/hotside/intercooler and intake bottlenecks are out of the way, the extra horsepower will be in the heads. Are you getting further headwork done to match the bigger turbos? How about the manifolds, no doubt you'll need new ones or are you using a flange adaptor to fit the bigger turbos? What manifolds did the Sportec RS600 have anyways?
If you're interested, Inconel tubular manifolds might be back on the menu at MRC, if the price was right to remove them from this beauty.

Subscribed and all interesting stuff, I love that this is all packaged up in a 'loon.
No matter where you go, there you are.

corbett
1st Gear

Post by corbett » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:24 pm

bam_bam wrote:
corbett wrote:

Ported heads
Upgraded cams
Ported intake system
Upgraded cooling system
Upgraded intercoolers

Why forged rods, internals are good for 800+ and undoing Cosworth's work be an odd thing to do IMO?
Once the manifold/hotside/intercooler and intake bottlenecks are out of the way, the extra horsepower will be in the heads. Are you getting further headwork done to match the bigger turbos? How about the manifolds, no doubt you'll need new ones or are you using a flange adaptor to fit the bigger turbos? What manifolds did the Sportec RS600 have anyways?
If you're interested, Inconel tubular manifolds might be back on the menu at MRC, if the price was right to remove them from this beauty.

Subscribed and all interesting stuff, I love that this is all packaged up in a 'loon.
We had low compression on 2 cylinders so it had to be rebuilt and decided to do forged rods. We are using stock manifolds for now. I do have a nice set of tubular manifolds sitting in my garage but they were made for gt30s. We are going to see what the limit of the stock manifolds is first.

Is that your car in that video? I've watched that vid 50 times lol. Love it!

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:45 pm

Not mine, that's Doug's, my RS6 saloon is the same spec @ 605PS 853Nm (stainless tubulars not inconel)
Here it is.

My RS6 avant manual is also built by MRC and is 778PS 864Nm (tubular inconel GT30s FMIC + a billion other one-off mods)
Watch the exhaust grow in real-time.

What cams are you putting in and are you staying with the Sportec coolers? How about the intakes, do you know if the Sportec intakes were enlarged and is it on a stock airbox?
When you say larger turbos are you just talking comp wheels etc or are you changing out the housing, how will you fit a different housing to the stock manis?
Sorry, so many questions it's just that no one has actually pulled one of these Sportec's apart yet.

Weiß-sechs
5th Gear

Post by Weiß-sechs » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:03 pm

Apologies for the hijack but do MRC video all dyno runs or are they an optional extra? I'm (finally) booked in next month for a Stage 3 and I need to see flaming zorts *sniggers*

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:17 pm

They video all runs AFAIK.

Weiß-sechs
5th Gear

Post by Weiß-sechs » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Cheers dude. Mucho respect for those pair of beasts btw, that's taking "commitment" to a whole new level

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:57 pm

Yeah, as in I need to be committed to a mental institution...

pete62
4th Gear

Post by pete62 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:35 pm

bam_bam wrote:Not mine, that's Doug's, my RS6 saloon is the same spec @ 605PS 853Nm (stainless tubulars not inconel)
Here it is.

My RS6 avant manual is also built by MRC and is 778PS 864Nm (tubular inconel GT30s FMIC + a billion other one-off mods)
Watch the exhaust grow in real-time.

What cams are you putting in and are you staying with the Sportec coolers? How about the intakes, do you know if the Sportec intakes were enlarged and is it on a stock airbox?
When you say larger turbos are you just talking comp wheels etc or are you changing out the housing, how will you fit a different housing to the stock manis?
Sorry, so many questions it's just that no one has actually pulled one of these Sportec's apart yet.
bam_bam ...The sh*t you know !
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:02 pm

Weiß-sechs wrote:Mucho respect for those pair of breasts btw
*chortle*
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:11 pm

lol'd.

Anyway, it's a bit of a thread hijack. Looking forward another idiot doing stupid things to these old 'breasts'... and it's a 'loon, respkt, innit.

ahoooga
5th Gear

Post by ahoooga » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:36 pm

longman h wrote:
ahoooga wrote:called an RS600 due to 600 bhp
I knew that mon frere but wanted to know what it would be producing once he's done the other mods. :bigblink:
no prob 'Bro' ( or should that be Mon Ami ? )' , in that case .......600 PLUS :bigblink:

I dunno , some people actually think i read a post before I reply :beerchug:

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”