Red Avant R56 WUF

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Post Reply
v8_killy
Neutral
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by v8_killy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:54 pm

As per the title... does anyone remember red Avant R56 WUF? It's come up for sale under a different reg and looks interesting, but the history is sporadic. I think it was based NE Scotland and I'm pretty sure I saw it back when I had my one.

R56 WUF is currently sitting on a blue RS6 of similar vintage.

Thanks.
RS6 Avant in Misano Red
Bog standard 2003 RS6 Avant in Mugello Blue (sold Sep 2013)

v8_killy
Neutral
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by v8_killy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:38 pm

No need to reply... have found another one with less of an element of the big gamble involved - I think!
RS6 Avant in Misano Red
Bog standard 2003 RS6 Avant in Mugello Blue (sold Sep 2013)

User avatar
Shoppinit
Cruising
Posts: 17897
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by Shoppinit » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:29 pm

Yeah, the reg rings a bell, but I don't have any more info. You looking to get back into the fold.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

v8_killy
Neutral
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by v8_killy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:47 am

Thanks Shop. I am/was... photo attached! Details to follow.
Attachments
E2A819A0-543C-4C0E-8665-79DA5937AA75.jpeg
RS6 Avant in Misano Red
Bog standard 2003 RS6 Avant in Mugello Blue (sold Sep 2013)

User avatar
chunky79
Cruising
Posts: 11275
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:51 am
Location: West Mids

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by chunky79 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:06 pm

Is that one of the "collectors" cars, the chap that bought the stolen one from on here?
I'm guessing that ^^^^^ is a Plus? There weren't many Misano built.
previous- 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gtiGoodwood, S3, S4 V8 avant.
Now- C5 RS6 Misano red avant. Getting close to how I want it.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

v8_killy
Neutral
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by v8_killy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:36 pm

No... it’s not a Plus. De-chroming looks factory so I was very convinced, but I’ve looked at the options in the handbook and there is no factory de-chroming option ticked. It has a black-tipped Milltek resonated set-up so looks good all round except for the wheels (IMO).

I’ve not been here for years so I’ll have a rummage and look at your Misano, Chunky.

Good to be back.
RS6 Avant in Misano Red
Bog standard 2003 RS6 Avant in Mugello Blue (sold Sep 2013)

User avatar
chunky79
Cruising
Posts: 11275
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:51 am
Location: West Mids

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by chunky79 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:45 am

v8_killy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:36 pm
No... it’s not a Plus. De-chroming looks factory so I was very convinced, but I’ve looked at the options in the handbook and there is no factory de-chroming option ticked. It has a black-tipped Milltek resonated set-up so looks good all round except for the wheels (IMO).

I’ve not been here for years so I’ll have a rummage and look at your Misano, Chunky.

Good to be back.
Ah, definitely not the one I was thinking of.
My cars long gone, sold it last July. Hope you find a good one. Are you stuck on Misano?
previous- 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gtiGoodwood, S3, S4 V8 avant.
Now- C5 RS6 Misano red avant. Getting close to how I want it.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

v8_killy
Neutral
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by v8_killy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:11 pm

chunky79 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:45 am
My cars long gone, sold it last July. Hope you find a good one. Are you stuck on Misano?
To be fair I'm being as clear as mud. I didn't buy the first one; I did buy the second one. It's in the photo above. So the thread title is now nonsense... or rather, I'm posting in the wrong place!
RS6 Avant in Misano Red
Bog standard 2003 RS6 Avant in Mugello Blue (sold Sep 2013)

User avatar
chunky79
Cruising
Posts: 11275
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:51 am
Location: West Mids

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by chunky79 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:58 pm

v8_killy wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:11 pm
chunky79 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:45 am
My cars long gone, sold it last July. Hope you find a good one. Are you stuck on Misano?
To be fair I'm being as clear as mud. I didn't buy the first one; I did buy the second one. It's in the photo above. So the thread title is now nonsense... or rather, I'm posting in the wrong place!
Congrats. Is yours (the one above) a Plus?
previous- 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gtiGoodwood, S3, S4 V8 avant.
Now- C5 RS6 Misano red avant. Getting close to how I want it.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

User avatar
Shoppinit
Cruising
Posts: 17897
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by Shoppinit » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:14 am

Nice.

I think it would look better with anthracite wheels, stubby aerial and Allroad wiper arms.

Are they the original brushed aluminium door mirrors? Hard to tell from the photo.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

v8_killy
Neutral
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by v8_killy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:21 pm

chunky79 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:58 pm
Congrats. Is yours (the one above) a Plus?
No... it has been de-chromed at some point. It's so good I thought it might be factory but the original options don't match.
RS6 Avant in Misano Red
Bog standard 2003 RS6 Avant in Mugello Blue (sold Sep 2013)

v8_killy
Neutral
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by v8_killy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:22 pm

Shoppinit wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:14 am
Nice.

I think it would look better with anthracite wheels, stubby aerial and Allroad wiper arms.

Are they the original brushed aluminium door mirrors? Hard to tell from the photo.
Agree - I've just had a quote for anthracite powder coating.
RS6 Avant in Misano Red
Bog standard 2003 RS6 Avant in Mugello Blue (sold Sep 2013)

Gregstv
2nd Gear
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:35 am

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by Gregstv » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:31 am

The front cut I have that came from unit20 is Misano red. The grill is black plastic not painted. I wonder if most misano red RS6s came with black moulding instead of silver.

User avatar
chunky79
Cruising
Posts: 11275
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:51 am
Location: West Mids

Re: Red Avant R56 WUF

Post by chunky79 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:57 am

v8_killy wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:22 pm
Shoppinit wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:14 am
Nice.

I think it would look better with anthracite wheels, stubby aerial and Allroad wiper arms.

Are they the original brushed aluminium door mirrors? Hard to tell from the photo.
Agree - I've just had a quote for anthracite powder coating.
Shadow Chrome looks great against Misano. I was going to say you should buy the wheels off my old RS6, but looks like they've now sold.
previous- 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gtiGoodwood, S3, S4 V8 avant.
Now- C5 RS6 Misano red avant. Getting close to how I want it.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Post Reply

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests