RS4 B8 - help for the newbie

New to the forum? Say "hello"
MGD
1st Gear

RS4 B8 - help for the newbie

Post by MGD » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:06 am

Hi all

A few months ago a took the plunge on an RS4 B8 in Sepang blue and love it.

I have a couple of questions. I was hoping someone knowledgeable on these cars might be able to help with please:

1. The wing mirrors have been sprayed body colour. Whilst I’m fine with that, the finish isn’t great (evidence of old stone chips painted over - not sure why they didn’t sand it down first!?). Therefore, I’m considering reverting back to the matte silver finish. Is this just a paint finish? Does any one know the paint code for this? Or is possible to buy OEM units at a reasonable price?

2. The rear of the car seems to sit lower than the front. Is that normal? The DRC has been checked and seems in order - it just looks a bit odd to have a slightly bigger gap between wheel and arch on front compared to rear.

3. I have a BMW branded ctek 4.3 battery charger - any ideas if it’s ok to use on the Audi?

Thanks in advance for help!

Matt

MGD
1st Gear

Re: RS4 B8 - help for the newbie

Post by MGD » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:38 pm

Hi,

Just a bumping up my post to see if anyone can help?

Cheers

Matt
Current:
RS4 B8
BMW M2 Competition
BMW i3S

Previous:
Porsche Boxster S 987.2
Mini Cooper SD
BMW M140i
BMW M135i
BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster
BMW Z3 2.2i

woz
Neutral

Post by woz » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:28 pm

I looked into wing mirrors a year or so ago as I wanted to get rid of the silver and have black instead. At the time replacements from Audi were £190.00 each for primed (probably from a standard A4) or £436.00 each for silver wing mirrors. In the end I got mine wrapped in a glass back 3M vinyl and tbf it looks mint.

MGD
1st Gear

Post by MGD » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:22 pm

Thanks Woz,

Ouch. Think I’d rather spend the money elsewhere and live with them as they are. Was reflecting on it anyway and think I’ll stick with the body colour and fork out of them to be redone. Hopefully a respray wouldn’t cost the earth.

Thinking of getting exhaust tips repainted as well as they’re starting to look a bit tired.
Current:
RS4 B8
BMW M2 Competition
BMW i3S

Previous:
Porsche Boxster S 987.2
Mini Cooper SD
BMW M140i
BMW M135i
BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster
BMW Z3 2.2i

Return to “Welcome Area”