New to New!

New to the forum? Say "hello"
SierraDave
Neutral

New to New!

Post by SierraDave » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to Audi's but not to the RS world if you count Fords! As the name suggests I've always been into old Fords but I'm finally looking for something a little newer.

I've been fancying a C5 RS6 since that epic Layer Cake scene and I'm looking forward to becoming an official owner. Anything in particular I should be looking out for in my search. I've been to view one already but sadly it was battered and not at all as advertised (cheers Gumtree).

If anyone knows of any good examples send them my way. I'll keep an eye out on here too.

Cheers.

ChrisA
4th Gear

Re: New to New!

Post by ChrisA » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:11 pm

SierraDave wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:35 pm
Hi All,

I'm a newbie to Audi's but not to the RS world if you count Fords! As the name suggests I've always been into old Fords but I'm finally looking for something a little newer.

I've been fancying a C5 RS6 since that epic Layer Cake scene and I'm looking forward to becoming an official owner. Anything in particular I should be looking out for in my search. I've been to view one already but sadly it was battered and not at all as advertised (cheers Gumtree).

If anyone knows of any good examples send them my way. I'll keep an eye out on here too.

Cheers.
Hi Dave

I’m also new to Audi and the RS6 having brought mine mid May. I’ve learnt a lot already but have hardly scratched the surface. Personally I would recommend buy the best example you can afford, I toyed with £5k high mileage fixer uppers to £15k mint examples. I settled on a lovely 05 red car with 86k on the clock with fsh and 3 owners. The service history is what grabbed me with lots of major items being done in the last 3 years/7k miles. A lot of people will say make sure the gear box has been reconditioned. In my opinion if it’s been serviced regularly and feels good don’t worry about it (too much). Look into the suspension, most will be fitted with aftermarket coilovers. 👍

Get stuck into the C5 RS6 sub forum for a better response.

Look at the forum rules.

Good luck with your search. 😎
FON

SierraDave
Neutral

Post by SierraDave » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:05 am

Cheers Chris, I'm definitely going to try and find one with all of the right receipts!

Will get stuck in once I find my beast! I was due to see a good one last weekend but it sold during the week before I could get to see it - hate it when that happens! :rant:

ChrisA
4th Gear

Post by ChrisA » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:46 pm

Good ones at the right price do move quickly. 👍

Return to “Welcome Area”