New to the board, not knew to RS6 ownership

New to the forum? Say "hello"
Evilengine
Neutral

New to the board, not knew to RS6 ownership

Post by Evilengine » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:51 am

Hi All,

Just thought I would say hi. I am not a prolific poster, basically as I don't have a huge amount of knowledge mechanically, but this board seems to have a wealth of info that should be useful on my 2nd go around with an RS.

Previously had a C7 RS6 - loved it to bits, but ended up trading it in for a 335d touring and a Caterham 260CSR.

Loved the Caterham, but they both had to go as the family grew and they became a BMW X5... it's a good car, but I really miss having a quick wagon so this week I collect a 2003 C5. It has had some slight mods, remap and miltek cat back on it. Overall condition looks exceptional and for a 2003 car it only has 80,000 miles on it.

Happy to be here, I will contribute where I can, but I am likely just to be here to learn.

Thanks all

Adymars
1st Gear

Re: New to the board, not knew to RS6 ownership

Post by Adymars » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:56 am

Welcome.. lets see the beast then?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Evilengine
Neutral

Post by Evilengine » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:27 pm

Happy to show some pictures... if someone can tell me how???

Evilengine
Neutral

Post by Evilengine » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:42 pm

New old girl exterior -
RS6 C5 Outside.JPG
Engine Bay
RS6 C5 Engine Bay.JPG
Interior -
RS6 C5 Interior.JPG
Only 80,000 miles with £38,000 of receipts of maintenance etc. So hopefully not a complete pup.

My old C7 -
RS6 C7 Exterior.JPG
Hopefully this works? Be interested to know if anyone picked up my old one and how it is getting on?

Cheers

Adymars
1st Gear

Post by Adymars » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:03 pm

Looks sweet. £38k of receipts ? Jesus christ. Looks like a minter too.

Evilengine
Neutral

Post by Evilengine » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:30 pm

Adymars wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:03 pm
Looks sweet. £38k of receipts ? Jesus christ. Looks like a minter too.

I hope so! The only fly in the ointment is that is has 4 brand new tyres on it... which is obviously great, but turns out they are winter tyres, so I am off to get it shod with some Michelin Pilot Sport 4's on the day I get it. At least I have a set of winters in the garage good to go when the weather turns bad,,, by my man maths calculator, I have already saved money...;)

It has a few stone chips on the front and has been touched up on the drivers side where the roof rail attaches, I guess it has been taking off and reattached before. I have a guy that can take care of that though, so hopefully it is in good shape.

SierraDave
Neutral

Post by SierraDave » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:45 pm

Lucky buy! Sounds decent considering you've practically got a set of winters chucked in XD!

Hopefully I'll be joining the C5 owner ranks soon!

Evilengine
Neutral

Post by Evilengine » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:24 pm

SierraDave wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:45 pm
Lucky buy! Sounds decent considering you've practically got a set of winters chucked in XD!

Had a call from the place I'm buying it from today... They checked and it was due a cambelt change, so they've done that and in doing so discovered that it's got a worn bearing, so they've changed that too! Very impressed with the level of service, it may be a day later than agreed, but they've saved me a packet by doing that.

Let's hope my luck holds!

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:29 pm

Welcome. Your new car looks in excellent condition!

Did the C5 have a cam belt? the B7 and C7 had a chain and I assumed this was passed down from the C5.

Edit; just googled it and it's true.

SierraDave
Neutral

Post by SierraDave » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:42 pm

Evilengine wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:24 pm
SierraDave wrote:

Had a call from the place I'm buying it from today... They checked and it was due a cambelt change, so they've done that and in doing so discovered that it's got a worn bearing, so they've changed that too! Very impressed with the level of service, it may be a day later than agreed, but they've saved me a packet by doing that.

You’re joking! Why is it that I never find places like that to buy cars from! If they have a silver one when you’re in there let me know!

Btw I’ve pm’d you mate.

Evilengine
Neutral

Post by Evilengine » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:53 am

SierraDave wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:42 pm
Evilengine wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:24 pm
SierraDave wrote:

You’re joking! Why is it that I never find places like that to buy cars from! If they have a silver one when you’re in there let me know!

Btw I’ve pm’d you mate.
I've responded pal.

This is the only one they have right now, they usually deal in much higher value cars, this one was sold to and bought back from one of their regular clients. I've sent you a suggestion of where else to look however. Good luck finding your car 👍

Return to “Welcome Area”