New old member

New to the forum? Say "hello"
redadair
Neutral

New old member

Post by redadair » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi all. :bigwave: I have been a long time lurker :sekret: on here, researching purchase and then ownership of my 2007 B7 RS4 Avant in Daytona Grey.

Been meaning to say hi for a while, and to thank you all for the advice I have free-ridden on ... but finally taken the plunge to post today! (In the interests of full disclosure the timing is not unrelated to my plans for this / next car, but that is for another day).

Had the car since 2015, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Highlights being a couple of major European road trips (->Dolomites / Venice, French Alps) and some Scottish blasts

Previous steeds include Nissan 350z, Litchfield Imports T25 Subaru Impreza & Chevrolet Camaro SS.

Chris
IMG_1370 mod.jpg
RS4 Avant (B7) | Gone: Chevrolet Camaro SS, Litchfield Type 25, Nissan 350z

marc1
Cruising

Re: New old member

Post by marc1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:15 am

Nice Avant mate. Get some pictures up of your old cars too. :thumbs:

richj
1st Gear

Post by richj » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:32 am

Looks great Chris - the wide arches on the B7 really are just perfect (that and the manual gearbox)

I had an Impreza P1 for a couple of years (another brilliant sounding car) but the RS’s are on a different league in terms of build quality and attract (slightly) less unwelcome attention 😁

You’ve certainty tested the car on some fine roads - being based in Scotland I’m biased but the Dolomites are stunning and I’m sure the petrolhead Italians would have appreciated a bit of sport 😳

Cheers

Rich

redadair
Neutral

Post by redadair » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:05 pm

marc1 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:15 am
Nice Avant mate. Get some pictures up of your old cars too. :thumbs:
Thanks mate! And can't resist a request to show the oldies ... gone but not forgotten.
350z_smaller.jpg
T25.jpg
Camaro_smaller.jpg

redadair
Neutral

Post by redadair » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:13 pm

richj wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:32 am
Looks great Chris - the wide arches on the B7 really are just perfect (that and the manual gearbox)

I had an Impreza P1 for a couple of years (another brilliant sounding car) but the RS’s are on a different league in terms of build quality and attract (slightly) less unwelcome attention 😁

You’ve certainty tested the car on some fine roads - being based in Scotland I’m biased but the Dolomites are stunning and I’m sure the petrolhead Italians would have appreciated a bit of sport 😳

Cheers

Rich
Thanks Rich! And I totally agree on the B7 - those arches are cool, and the shape has aged really well IMHO.

And awesome on the P1. Perfect weapon for those Scottish roads. The NC500 is high on my list next time a road trip is on the cards...

Chris

Return to “Welcome Area”