Back and Hello Again - RS6 Avant C6

New to the forum? Say "hello"
steve_70
4th Gear

Back and Hello Again - RS6 Avant C6

Post by steve_70 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Not new here, but been away for a very long time...I used to do some detailing for MRC's customers as well as quite a few of the members on here other well known forums... but that's going back to circa 2010> when I was known as 'MilesBetter' detailing, was a site Sponsor and had the B7 RS4's ..said it was a very long time.. have since hung up the rotary and wash mitts as it were.

I am briefly back in a C6 RS6 Avant , as it always eluded me the opportunity to own one, and its something i wanted to tick off the list as it were so was never planned as a long term relationship; I bought it back in June, just never got around to posting up; I had a change in car plans with a Macan Turbo arriving in the new year ,and so I knew if I didn't own one now, even for a short amount of time then the chance would be missed, having four cars is a bit excessive, so will look to move it on later in the year, as its MOT is due nov (oct if do it early), so rather than trade it in, once the MOT is sorted will put it up on the forums first to see if there if interest as would rather see it go to another forum member and the logic is I wont get the idiots and dreamers that will get if put it up for sale elsewhere. Its going into MRC on the 23rd for a health check and dyno run, getting a new set of michelin pilots so with the MOT done when its due it will be sorted for the next owner.

I am very chuffed with it, give me no issues as yet, its been faultless and its all I expected it to be, but I did a lot of research to bag a good one (previously owned by Tony Gilham, owner of BTCC Team Hard Racing, we then bought it of a personal friend he sold it to) with lots of work done (engine came out for the 2 biggies of oil seals, coolant pipes done, as well as water pump, gearbox mount, bushes, control arms, discs pads, tyres etc plus more), and its a stage 1 with Miltek and sounds amazing....its one of those bitter/sweet moments as much as in awe of the Macan, I will really be sad to see the RS6 go, it is really the last of a breed, and whenever I see a B7 RS4 I still want another one (had 2 previously, plus a B8, but we wont talk about that)...its one of those 'am I doing the right thing' moments in selling it, everytime i get in the RS6 and hear that v10 with the Miltek, its a real 'love it or list it' moment. [please ignore the white squiggle over the wheel arch in the first pic, it was an attempt to blank out the number plate using paint and ended up with that]
1.jpg
5.jpg
10.jpg
15.jpg
20.jpg
25.jpg
30.jpg
35.jpg
50b.jpg
60.jpg
65.jpg
70.jpg
75.jpg
rs6-1.PNG
...All in the Detail

daytonamart
5th Gear

Re: Back and Hello Again - RS6 Avant C6

Post by daytonamart » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:27 pm

Nice car Steve, I remember your detailing threads, they were epic as I recall.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

steve_70
4th Gear

Post by steve_70 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:50 pm

daytonamart wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:27 pm
Nice car Steve, I remember your detailing threads, they were epic as I recall.
Thanks and very kind of you to say :thumb:
...All in the Detail

steve_70
4th Gear

Post by steve_70 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:56 pm

..Here is the 'Other' RS we had (the stupidly named RS Edition) ...had Miltek and 400 Tune on it :twisted:
IMG_20180509_201424.jpg
...All in the Detail

Return to “Welcome Area”