Can I afford a B7 RS4

New to the forum? Say "hello"
marc1
Cruising

Re: Can I afford a B7 RS4

Post by marc1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:51 am

Worth a read of this viewtopic.php?f=63&t=130778 as an example for the kind of things that can crop up unexpectedly (albeit a C5 RS6 here, but relatively simple simple things in the grand scheme of things...

A lot of people try and run these cars not realising how much can be involved in keeping them tip top. They deserve to be maintained well, but sadly there is a lot of rough cars out there.

There is so much that can need repair/replacement simply due to age and wear and tear. Just a pretty cheap simple example is it’s about £125 for each lumbar sensor and there are four.

All rubber perished with time, so suspension bushes can not be their best. You could spend £1k+ replacing things like that too. It’s all relative... for me, there’s no point trying to get a decent geo setting on a car, if there is play in any of the components, so I’d want to refresh them.

They say Audi’s are a grand a ring for repairs :kissmyrings: which is pretty much right... most bills will be £1k+ at least. Comparatively an E46 M3 (great car) is much more affordable to maintain to a decent standard.

Return to “Welcome Area”