Seen b7 I want, please advise!

New to the forum? Say "hello"
RS4ALEX
Neutral

Seen b7 I want, please advise!

Post by RS4ALEX » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi guys I’m alex I used to have an RS4 b7 a few years ago which like an idiot I sold. I’ve since got a delorean which I love but I’ve seen another Rs4 I’ve been enquiring about.
It’s for sale at revitup uk which I’ve heard mixed options about so if anyone can verify if these are alright or not that would be great :)
The Reg is RS04 PSC does that ring any bells? The car seems sound 44k miles with full history and still on arc thankfully but I just wanted to see if anyone knows the car to put my mind at rest before I buy it ? Also are there any new issues other than what I’m aware of to look out for, I know the carbon clean and drc/ coolant pipe issues.
Many thanks in advance
Also if anyone is interested in the plate I’d be happy to sell it as I have my own to put on.
Thanks again :)
Alex

Covkiller
Top Gear

Re: Seen b7 I want, please advise!

Post by Covkiller » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:36 am

This one:
https://www.revitupuk.com/vehicle-details/Audi-A4-U4/

It looks pretty straight, I like the blinds and sun roof.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

RS4ALEX
Neutral

Post by RS4ALEX » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:32 am

Thank you for replying.
My one I used to have had the rear blind which I loved, it also had factory fitted red seat belts which I’m pretty sure I won’t get again but this has got a sunroof!
I am just wary as there’s a couple of bad reviews on the place however there’s also a lot of good ones, was hoping someone would know the garage or maybe even the car :)
Thanks again guys :)

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:15 am

Pretty sure that saloon was in a YouTube video by Jamie someone or other I think.

Re seatbelts, have a chat with Jules, his mrs does seatbelts in any colour you want, so you could effectively get what you had before if you wanted.

RS4ALEX
Neutral

Post by RS4ALEX » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:20 pm

Thank you for this, I will contact him if/ when I get the car! or a different one for that matter.
Maybe the owner wasn't part of the forum possibly, onlything putting me off is that its 5 hours there and 5 back so I want to find out about it as much as I can. the wheels all have slight kerbing to them which I know can be fixed just thought for the money its up for this would of been resolved...

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:28 pm

Personally I’d try and buy a forum car or at least privately. Someone part exchanging a car, or one a dealer has picked up cheaply can potentially indicate there’s a reason the owner wanted to punt it on quickly and move on.

There’s a few comments on that YouTube video of the dealer not being well favoured. The YouTuber doesn’t have the best rep. I’d watch it and see if you’d want the car... plenty decent looking cars come up on here. Some have been shocking inexpensive recently.

RS4ALEX
Neutral

Post by RS4ALEX » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:20 pm

I have watched it a couple of times, its what made me research the car, I would rather buy from enthusiast, just cant find many for sale on here unless im not looking hard enough or probably in the wrong section? reading the service history its had a recon box at 30k miles and while they had the box out replaced the clutch... don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:22 pm

Is it sprint specifically you want? What other requirements do you have?

RS4ALEX
Neutral

Post by RS4ALEX » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:04 pm

I really just want sprint saloon, buckets lambo wheel, carbon trim and rear blind.
Sunroof would be awesome so would black optics but I could live without.

Return to “Welcome Area”