New UK Member

New to the forum? Say "hello"
alandavidhenry
Neutral

New UK Member

Post by alandavidhenry » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Hello

Just joined as I'm considering changing my Skoda Fabia vRS for an S4 Avant. I do a lot of mountain biking so need the extra room but still want something fun to drive.
Looks to be plenty of info on here to keep me out of trouble for a while!

Alan

Sedge5
1st Gear

Re: New UK Member

Post by Sedge5 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:48 pm

Skoda Fabia vRS, huh? How does it handle? I have heard one go past being driven like it had been stolen.....sounded great though. What are the numbers like? Welcome to the forum and have fun.
RS6 C7 PE - current
S6 C7 Avant - too hesitant, not enough power
A6 C7, 2.0 TDI......aghhhhh
A3 , 2.0 BE, tdi, yeahhh...

alandavidhenry
Neutral

Re: New UK Member

Post by alandavidhenry » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 pm

I've had a remap on it and with it being quite light, it's pretty nippy. Supposed to be 130 bhp but interestingly it measured 143 bhp before the remap and 175 bhp after with 300 lbft of torque.

I've also fitted AP springs and shocks and a rear anti-roll bar so it handles really well now. Much less body roll and it has also really reduced the understeer. The acceleration also seems more instant as there is less weight transfer to the rear so more front end grip and less wheelspin.

It's a great little car and had very few problems over the 115,000 miles and 10 years I've had it. I'd just like something with more luggage space so I can throw my mountain bike and outdoor gear in the back easily.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Return to “Welcome Area”