New B7 RS4 owner, hi!

New to the forum? Say "hello"
Wickedbad
Neutral

New B7 RS4 owner, hi!

Post by Wickedbad » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 am

Hi all

Firstly, thanks! I’ve been browsing this forum for months, using it to decide on a new car and then for problem solving on the car.

Having had the 3.0 tdi A5 at launch and the 270hp A6 Avant recently (company cars) I’m a big Quattro fan. Thanks to ever-increasing taxes on diesels I’ve returned to private ownership, and Audi was the first place I looked.

Always wanted an RS (particularly RS4) so thought now’s the time. Shortlist was a C5 or C6 RS6, Porker, or B7 RS4. The roads in my part of Yorkshire are tiny and terrible, and I have a short commute, so sportier drive and a manual gearbox won.

Picked her up end of June, put 2k on her so far and loving everything about it!

So far I’ve had a new starter motor and track rods, touch wood everything else has been faultless.

‘07, decat non res Milltek, Bilsteins, and I’ve added spacers. The plate holders came off my A6. Came on M&S Dunlops so leaving until March when I’ll get some Michelins and look at the ride height again, though any lower and I think I’ll struggle round here.

As per rule 1, have a couple of pictures (the Stickers are an in-joke from a recent show and are only still on because my partner hates them)
Attachments
538C769C-E5FD-43B3-A4E1-C9AFA757806A.jpeg
BD9439AD-2121-47A8-9066-FD386D856903.jpeg
4B4408C2-8314-46EE-91A9-CD18300238DF.jpeg
06E694F3-AAF8-4C76-B936-2A3959D65C05.jpeg
146C7C31-79E0-4631-9FDA-AB647D1FE623.jpeg
07359DD9-914F-47AD-AF42-AA396EFBCFFA.jpeg
Last edited by Wickedbad on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Re: New B7 RS4 owner, hi!

Post by Covkiller » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Looking very smart and the stance looks good too :thumbs:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Looking good. Have you got any plans or keeping it as it is?

Cheers :thumbs:

Wickedbad
Neutral

Post by Wickedbad » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Cheers both

Loving it so far despite its lovable characteristics (wtf use is that armrest? Why does it even bother with wing mirrors?). Interesting getting used to it, seems to want to throw me around the road below about 30mph, above that it becomes a different car that’s glued to the tarmac.

Plans involve sorting out the infuriatingly wonky bonnet gap (it’s now better than the 4th pic above but I still need to even it up) and getting the calipers reconditioned (snapped bleed nipples) and painted, probably at disc renewal time which might be a little way off.

I’d like to get the wheels redone a darker shade, titanium or something, but not sure how it’d look against the Daytona.

But other than that I’d like to keep it as. The suspension and exhaust were the only things I was really keen on.

For now.

As it’s new to me and getting on a bit in miles, my first service next year will likely be big service at Unit 20 including gearbox and diff oil.

There’s a receipt for a Revo stage2 remap in the accompanying piles of paper but also a RR printout showing 360bhp. Would have thought it should be making more but the dates on them don’t tie up. So maybe a carbon clean and health check on the RR at the same time. Then I’ll really know what I’ve got and feel happier going forward.

Mav8
3rd Gear

Post by Mav8 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Welcome along,looks a nice tidy example.360 is defo down on power,a carbon clean would be a good start.
After that there are a few mods you can do.Mine was about the same but now it’s 430.
In the mean time just enjoy the noise👍
Mav8
RS3- Sepang
Gone
F80-M3
B7-RS4
B5-RS4

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Wickedbad wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:04 pm
Cheers both

Loving it so far despite its lovable characteristics (wtf use is that armrest? Why does it even bother with wing mirrors?). Interesting getting used to it, seems to want to throw me around the road below about 30mph, above that it becomes a different car that’s glued to the tarmac.

Plans involve sorting out the infuriatingly wonky bonnet gap (it’s now better than the 4th pic above but I still need to even it up) and getting the calipers reconditioned (snapped bleed nipples) and painted, probably at disc renewal time which might be a little way off.

I’d like to get the wheels redone a darker shade, titanium or something, but not sure how it’d look against the Daytona.

But other than that I’d like to keep it as. The suspension and exhaust were the only things I was really keen on.

For now.

As it’s new to me and getting on a bit in miles, my first service next year will likely be big service at Unit 20 including gearbox and diff oil.

There’s a receipt for a Revo stage2 remap in the accompanying piles of paper but also a RR printout showing 360bhp. Would have thought it should be making more but the dates on them don’t tie up. So maybe a carbon clean and health check on the RR at the same time. Then I’ll really know what I’ve got and feel happier going forward.
I’m glad you brought that up, mine doesn’t have an armrest and I was planning on putting one it but by the sounds of things it’s not great? I have also thought about a caliper refurb at some point but as my car is all black, I’m not sure what colour I would go for. In my opinion, darker wheels always look better but it’s personal preference I suppose.

Wickedbad
Neutral

Post by Wickedbad » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Mav8 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:27 pm
Welcome along,looks a nice tidy example.360 is defo down on power,a carbon clean would be a good start.
After that there are a few mods you can do.Mine was about the same but now it’s 430.
In the mean time just enjoy the noise👍
Mav8
Cheers man. Yeah, it’s straight and tidy, a little wear inside but I’m not bothered by that.

Yeah re the power, I’ve no idea what the RR printout is from. Previous owner spent a lot on it a couple of years ago, and they paid for the cats to be removed, new exhaust, and the remap it needed, so if this is a RR from after that, surely they’d have done something about it? So maybe it’s from before? Dunno. We’ll see, it’s plenty of fun in the meantime, the noise is crazy addictive 8)

Wickedbad
Neutral

Post by Wickedbad » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:01 pm

FrazerD wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:47 pm
I’m glad you brought that up, mine doesn’t have an armrest and I was planning on putting one it but by the sounds of things it’s not great? I have also thought about a caliper refurb at some point but as my car is all black, I’m not sure what colour I would go for. In my opinion, darker wheels always look better but it’s personal preference I suppose.

Well I drive around with it permanently up as I can’t use the handbrake with it down :roll:

For the wheels I was thinking a flat grey similar to Skoda VRS but a little darker, with grill/window trim/roofbars wrapped to match. Then lighter calipers. But that’s for another time.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Wickedbad wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:01 pm
Well I drive around with it permanently up as I can’t use the handbrake with it down :roll:

For the wheels I was thinking a flat grey similar to Skoda VRS but a little darker, with grill/window trim/roofbars wrapped to match. Then lighter calipers. But that’s for another time.
I’ll take that off my to do list then. Yea sounds good, google will be your friend on wheel colour.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:43 pm

The titanium wheels that came with the black optics where matte lacquer. Paint code is L8AU. They look awesome with Daytona.

The armrest is good for long motorway journeys to rest your elbow on and chill in 6th. Apart from that it’s not much use, which is why it’s hinged.

You could give the place that did the remap a call and get the info. 360bhp sounds like carbon build up and a vac leak. Both should have been rectified when it was mapped, but possible just the vac leak was, as you just wouldn’t leave it. Strange it wasn’t dynoed again after, or maybe it was and the graph is just missing from the file you got.

Anyway, great cars. Enjoy it. Martin and Lee will look after you at Unit 20.

Wickedbad
Neutral

Post by Wickedbad » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:12 pm

marc1 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:43 pm
The titanium wheels that came with the black optics where matte lacquer. Paint code is L8AU. They look awesome with Daytona.

The armrest is good for long motorway journeys to rest your elbow on and chill in 6th. Apart from that it’s not much use, which is why it’s hinged.

You could give the place that did the remap a call and get the info. 360bhp sounds like carbon build up and a vac leak. Both should have been rectified when it was mapped, but possible just the vac leak was, as you just wouldn’t leave it. Strange it wasn’t dynoed again after, or maybe it was and the graph is just missing from the file you got.

Anyway, great cars. Enjoy it. Martin and Lee will look after you at Unit 20.
cheers for the info, I’ll do some research on that colour (it’ll be next year before I start making changes).

Yeah my thoughts on the graph are same. Regardless, it pulls well, seems strong,everything seems great and no faults touch wood, so it can wait until the service in June and get it investigated then.

Return to “Welcome Area”